Reliance DNS Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hok

Broken In
Hi friends,
This problem has been troubling me for quite sometime now. I could not open some websites.These websites include myspace(the webpage opens but the videos just wouldn't load),a local newspaper's site,etc.I get a "DNS Error" page.
Also, I could not update AVG antivirus(both version 7.5 and 8.0).
I would like to know if anyone using Reliance is facing the same problem as I am facing and also any possible solution for this problem is welcome.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hok

Broken In
Thanks.But PageFix is not able to fix my problem.Maybe someone with BSNL connection
can share DNS server of BSNL.

OP
H

Hok

Broken In
This problem is really giving me headache.I've tried flushing my DNS cache,Page Fix, Open DNS but none of them seems to be working.You know the strange thing is that these blocked websites can be browse or open in my mobile(I am using mobile as modem to connect to internet).:confused:
Anyway, I would like to know if other users who are using Airtel,BSNL, etc can open this website *www.gosms.in/.
Whoever solves this problem is a genius.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I'm able to open that site using my default Airtel DNS servers!! What settings are you using for the connection?

praka123

left this forum longback
I think his routing got some errors.I have 0% knowledge with window$ and routing.

try the o/p of "route" command though. :p also see the o/p with "ipconfig /ALL" cmd.

OP
H

Hok

Broken In
I'm able to open that site using my default Airtel DNS servers!! What settings are you using for the connection?
No special settings really.If I connect using bluetooth I just need to dial on the Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking Service button and I automatically get connected to the internet.

I think his routing got some errors.I have 0% knowledge with window$ and routing.

try the o/p of "route" command though. :p also see the o/p with "ipconfig /ALL" cmd.
Well I type the ipconfig /ALL and this is what I get.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Nobody>ipconfig /ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : no-84ea7164d717
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

PPP adapter My packet W660 switched connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 124.124.187.224
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 124.124.187.224
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.138.96.2

C:\Documents and Settings\Nobody>

It doesn't make much sense to me but whoever can understand this, please tell me if there is/is no problem with the above settings or connections.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hok

Broken In
I HAVE A FAVOUR TO ASK.
CAN SOMEONE(WITH BSNL, AIRTEL OR OTHER CONNECTIONS,ETC) PLEASE CHECK IF MY ISP's DNS SERVERS ARE WORKING OR NOT.
YOU CAN DO SO BY CLICKING
CONTROL PANEL-NETWORK CONNECTIONS-RIGHT CLICK ON THE CONNECTION YOU ARE USING AT PRESENT-CLICK PROPERTIES-CLICK NETWORKING TAB-UNDER INTERNET PROTOCOL(TCP/IP),CLICK PROPERTIES-THEN CHECK THE BOX 'USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER ADDRESSES" AND TYPE THE FOLLOWING NUMBEERS IN THE TWO BOXES BELOW.
NEXT CLICK OK, CLICK OK AGAIN.
DISCONNECT INTERNET AND CONNECT AGAIN TO SET THE ABOVE SETTINGS INTO EFFECT.
THEN TRY BROWSING TO THE FOLLOWING SITES
*www.gosms.in/.
*virusscan.jotti.org/
If you can browse to these sites then nothing is wrong with my ISP's DNS servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom