regarding the NVIDIA Quadro graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

vraja4u

Broken In
hi every one,
i just wanna a get an NVIDIA Quadro graphics card.my budget is around Rs.7500.can i get any model( Quadro) within this amount.plz help me out.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
uh now let me just ask u why do u want a qudro if u want to use it for game its strict noo no

if u want to use for 3d application then its ok u can use them as they help in rendering but other then that its possible u can get away with a gaming card

and regarding ur budget soory but thats just not posiible qudro are professional card and they cost a bomb i think u will be better of with a 6600 gt cost around 11 and will be pretty good for any of ur needs

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
just get a plain FX or 6 series card and then softmod it to a quadro to unlock the professional capabilities .. so u can have performance in both games and applications ...

Some GeForce series cards can be converted to Quadro using driver tweaks. Google for "Softquadro". Also, there are may hardware tweaks to achieve the same results where you will be required to solder (add or remove) a few very tiny resistors. Not for the faint hearted. :lol:

Edit: deathvirus said the same, missed it cause i'm a slow typer while replying. :wink:

Keith

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
let me ad to it how u can do it first of all this how u wil have to buy 6800 then u can use riva tuner which u can get www.guru3d.com and with a few click u can convert it to a qudro shut down and with few click it becomes a 6800 note this will work with few cards only so go to the site and get the name sof card with which u can do . also ther are bios flashes avilable to soft mod but get hold of riva tuner it is the best

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
6200 should fit in but i dont know if it can be tweked so also 6600 6800 can be tweked i am 100% sure other than that i think 660o will be a decent buy in your range

geekysage

Journeyman
The last time i checked, any decent Quadro was on sale for Rs. 50K+. Of course, you can get low end Quadro models for around Rs. 10K but I wouldn't recommend that.

I can't vouch for the softquadro/other hacks people have listed here but they are worth a try.

G

gxsaurav

soft modding a geforce to quadro is not recomended, it might kill your card, as one size doesn't fits all, it could be that one card is easily modded to quadro but not all the cards are same

also there is no quadro under Rs 7500, the latest released Quadro FX 4500 based on GeForce 7 series costs $900 (promotional)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
ust tell me which graphics card with in this range (7500)can be tweaked.

get a 6600nonGT card ... u should be able to softmod it to a Quadro FX 540 ...

soft modding a geforce to quadro is not recomended, it might kill your card, as one size doesn't fits all, it could be that one card is easily modded to quadro but not all the cards are same

softmodding can never kill ur card .... voltmodding and hardmodding can ..... just uninstalling the graphic dirver will restore the original settings ....

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
to learn more about soft modding go to www.guru3d .com
soft modding is just replacing the drivers so suppose it dosent work u revrt back to old drivers so its just a software so nothing happens to ur haed ware .bios flashing on the other hand is bit different

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
.bios flashing on the other hand is bit different

yeah .. bios flashing is a bit risky ... if flashed correctly u might get very good improvements ... but if flashed unsuccessfully u might have to get a new card ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom