Regarding IPod Warranty....

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitskale

Broken In
Hello Guys,

I am planning to buy an ipod 30 gb. But I am worried about the warranty. JJmehta mention on their website that there would be 1 year warranty on the same.

But if somebody purchases an ipod without bill then how the warranty can be availed in case some problem comes later?

A shopkeeper here in pune told me that the warranty is directly from Apple and it could be availed even if there is no bill.

Please reply at earliest some info about this!!

Regards,
Amit Kale.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i dont really remember whether i neede to punch in my bill details but as far as apple is concerned when u plug in ur ipod for the first time it will tell u to register ur product based on the serial no. behind ur ipod (this has nothing to do with ur bill) and then its in the apple db and can bbe accessed anywhr ..

i really dont remember whether i punched any of my bill details may b some 1 will be able to help better

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
A link you should check out is *www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/faq/.

For your convenience, here are the questions you might be wondering about:

How long is my iPod covered by Apple’s warranty?
Your iPod is covered for one year by Apple’s Limited Warranty for iPod. Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase (”date of purchase”). If you have purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod, there will be no shipping and handling fee. A $29.95 shipping and handling fee will apply to all warranty repairs performed six months after date of purchase.

How can I tell if my iPod is in-warranty?
Your iPod is covered by Apple’s Limited Warranty for iPod for one year from the date of original purchase. Apple’s Limited Warranty begins on the date that the iPod was originally purchased. Apple may need to examine your proof of purchase document to verify your iPod’s warranty status.

How much will my in-warranty service be?
Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase (”date of purchase”). If you have purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod, there will be no shipping and handling fee. A $29.95 shipping and handling fee will apply to all warranty repairs performed six months after date of purchase.

How do I get my iPod serviced?
Easy! If your iPod is still covered by Apple’s Limited Warranty for iPod, complete the iPod service request form on our website. Once we receive your service request, we will send you a shipping box so you can send your iPod to us. NOTE: A physical address is required - Apple cannot ship to PO Boxes or APO Boxes. When we receive your iPod and confirm that the service request matches the iPod’s condition, we will send you a replacement iPod that may be new or refurbished. The replacement iPod will be functionally equivalent to your iPod when new.

What is the status of my iPod service request?
You can check the status of your iPod service at any time on our easy service status website at *www.apple.com/support/selfservice/status.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ ur post is no where related to hgis query .. he wants to know whether a non-billed ipod is covered under warranty .. my guess is yes coz apple wants u to register ur ipod based on its serial no ....

kumarmohit

Technomancer
nepcker said:
A link you should check out is *www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/faq/.

Apple may need to examine your proof of purchase document to verify your iPod’s warranty status.

I think this means the bill.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
What is a "non-billed" iPod? Why would anyone buy an iPod without a bill?

Regardless, to find out whether you can avail the warranty or not, try contacting a Genius at an Apple Store or post your query at the Apple Discussion Forums (*discussions.apple.com/). You can also try visiting *www.apple.com/support/ipod/family/ for support on iPod.

OP
A

amitskale

Broken In
Why I require an ipod without bill? Simple! An ipod without bill costs less.

I had given the reference of jjmehta in Mumbai who quote the prices of ipod excluding taxes and moreover you can buy ipod exclusive of taxes at the price quoted on their website and also get 1 year warranty . Thats why I wanted to know how it was possible.

Regards,
Amit Kale.

anandk

Distinguished Member
better to buy it with the bill, u will need proof of purchase for a warranty, wont u ? !

nix

dont use 3rd party softwares to transfer songs to/from ipod...this will void the warranty...and dont forget to buy a cover for it...that skin type is good.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ who says so ... 3rd pary firmwares will void warranty that too only if u remove apple's firmware ... make a apartition and hav 2 firmwares ... warranty not void

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
amitskale said:
Why I require an ipod without bill? Simple! An ipod without bill costs less.

I had given the reference of jjmehta in Mumbai who quote the prices of ipod excluding taxes and moreover you can buy ipod exclusive of taxes at the price quoted on their website and also get 1 year warranty . Thats why I wanted to know how it was possible.

Regards,
Amit Kale.
YOUR iPod WILL NOT BE UNDER WARRANTY FROM APPLE IF YOU PURCHASE IT ILLEGALLY, I.E. WITHOUT A BILL!

Keep that in mind before you spend that money. If your iPod dies on you, you'll have to pay the repairing charges. Apple will repair it for you.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
are u sure that during the registration of the ipod u have to put in the bill details

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, you don't need to. But when you take it for servicing, they will generally ask for the bill.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no they dont ... i took my pod they only chkd whether it was under the warranty online and did not even ask me for the bill

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK, maybe then.

But buying it sans the bill is illegal. I am not sure Apple would provide support for an illegally purchased product. I'll confirm it from Apple and post about it later.

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
Dear friends I have few questions about iPod. Will it be safe to buy one from ebay? I am worrying about the possible damage during transit, as this one is a hard-drive based product. What's your opinion?

I am also a littlebit confused between iPod and Creative Zen. I read many reviews over the net but they are just elaborated company specifications. I think Creative Lab can give better support in India. If anyone came across both the players, please comment about their quality.

And what's the price of the 80GB iPod with bill?

Thanks in advance.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ebay - my advice - no
ipod has better after sales as far as mumbai is concernd
zen or ipod - well thts ur desicion ... zen is far more feature rich than the over hyped ipod

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Tapomay said:
Dear friends I have few questions about iPod. Will it be safe to buy one from ebay? I am worrying about the possible damage during transit, as this one is a hard-drive based product. What's your opinion?

I am also a littlebit confused between iPod and Creative Zen. I read many reviews over the net but they are just elaborated company specifications. I think Creative Lab can give better support in India. If anyone came across both the players, please comment about their quality.

And what's the price of the 80GB iPod with bill?

Thanks in advance.
Apple will give you better customer support than Creative.

Creative Zen will give you more bang for the buck, i.e. more features for lesser price. But the iPod has a much better user interface and is exceedingly easy to use. Almost everything is automated. There's a reason why it is so famous. You need to use an Apple product to experience the quality. :)

Price of the 80GB iPod is approximately Rs. 23,000.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
But buying it sans the bill is illegal. I am not sure Apple would provide support for an illegally purchased product.
i got my ipod with bill from a duty free shop at the same price at which i was getting it w/o a bill ... i dont see and illegality as its only the tax and duties u evade and apple doesnt face any losses ... i know u love apple dude dont worry a few ipods bought at a lower proce than the mrp wont dent apple's market share on the other hand will only help it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom