Red Hat Joins Microsoft Interoperability Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"In the latest example of a Linux distributor looking to get closer to Microsoft, Red Hat said Tuesday that it has joined the Interop Vendor Alliance—a group of tech companies that are working to make their products more interoperable with those produce in Redmond...

...Red Hat's announcement came a day after Microsoft and Novell outlined a roadmap for products designed to work in either Windows or Linux environments...

...An increasing number of Linux distributors appear to be concluding that their best chance for achieving growth is to ensure that their products are compatible with Windows—which holds by far the largest market share in desktop and server operating systems despite recent in roads by the Linux community. According to tracking site W3Counter.com, 85% of the world's Web sites run on Windows while just 2% run on Linux...:"

InformationWeek

T

thunderbird.117

anandk said:
"In the latest example of a Linux distributor looking to get closer to Microsoft, Red Hat said Tuesday that it has joined the Interop Vendor Alliance—a group of tech companies that are working to make their products more interoperable with those produce in Redmond...

...Red Hat's announcement came a day after Microsoft and Novell outlined a roadmap for products designed to work in either Windows or Linux environments...

...An increasing number of Linux distributors appear to be concluding that their best chance for achieving growth is to ensure that their products are compatible with Windows—which holds by far the largest market share in desktop and server operating systems despite recent in roads by the Linux community. According to tracking site W3Counter.com, 85% of the world's Web sites run on Windows while just 2% run on Linux...:"

InformationWeek

Microsoft is know to backstab many companies. I do not see anything intresting here. All is see is microsoft fanboys here.

I think it is opposite to that.

Iam currently preparing for MCSE and then planning to do RHCE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom