red hat 9 help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankzter

Journeyman
i recently installed red hat 9 .. installation was fine.. but the problem is after logging in and typing startx, i get the error " no screens found" ...

i should tell u tht while config. graphics card in the setup, i used the "default" option coz my onboard card was not shown ( my mobo is asus k8-smx)

pls help..

tuxfan

Technomancer
Why use Red Hat 9? There are 3 versions after that and fourth one is about to come!! For customised distro based on Fedora Core 3 (Red Hat 12), buy the March 2005 issue of PCQuest :)

ujjwal

Padawan
As tuxfan said, better try Fedora or another newer linux distro, the chance of your card being supported is more :)

grub

Broken In
i recently installed red hat 9 .. installation was fine.. but the problem is after logging in and typing startx, i get the error " no screens found" ...

i should tell u tht while config. graphics card in the setup, i used the "default" option coz my onboard card was not shown ( my mobo is asus k8-smx)

if u have installed graphics like (gnome or kde) then use the following command
# redhat-config-xfree86

and follow the screen instruction ( please take very good care of it's resolution i,e horizontal and vertical if all of them fails then feed 30-50 for horizontal and 50-70 for vertical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom