Recording of internet radio songs is legal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
hi

recording of internet radio songs is legal way to download songs ?

if yes...........suggest me some softys useful for this.......

if not...........lock this thread......................................

parthbarot

In the zone
see... u r in india... asking illegel.? all people do it...u can do it... and just serch google : "recording audio" u will get many links...

btw: softs free: "audacity"
u can do it in jetaudio also...

salils

Journeyman
parthbarot said:
see... u r in india... asking illegel.? all people do it...u can do it... and just serch google : "recording audio" u will get many links...

btw: softs free: "audacity"
u can do it in jetaudio also...

how can I use AUDACITY to do this.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Many people believe that recording TV, Radio programs for viewing/listening at a later stage is legal as long as it is for personal use... However, there are various interpretations of the law. In the US, the link *www.kurthanson.com/archive/news/111704/index.asp argues that while it is legal to record a program for future viewing, once you have viewed the program, you are legally bound to delete it.

I think that in the same context, recording internet radio will not be legal...

Basically, the music industry will argue that it is illegal and recording should be deleted after listening to it once. You can record it for hearing it later but may not keep a copy of it. Software company manufacturing the
recording software will argue that it is legal as long as you use it for personal purpose only...

This is a grey area, but I am personally inclined to side with the music industry because their argument seems more reasonable...

Arun

salils

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
it is legal to record a program for future viewing, once you have viewed the program, you are legally bound to delete it.

I think that in the same context, recording internet radio will not be legal...

Software company manufacturing the
recording software will argue that it is legal as long as you use it for personal purpose only...

This is a grey area, but I am personally inclined to side with the music industry because their argument seems more reasonable...

Arun

but man
I think there will be no problem if u are using it for personal views.
first of all music ind should ban that sites, but they shouldn't ban us for downloading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom