Recording fm radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyutkarsh

Broken In
hi all,

i want to record songs from fm radio. what all things i need and how should i record, using which recording software?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you need a cable wid stereo pins at both ends (3.5mm dia....like the one on ur earphones)...of corz an fm player...

plug-in one end of the cable to ur fm receiver and the other end to ur line-in port on the soundcard/mobo....unmute the line-in...use a software like goldwave (shareware) to record using the line-in source and use an encoder like LAME to encode the wave file to mp3.

swatkat

Technomancer
u need a cable with Stereo jack on both sides....
do this:-
1]connect ur FM radio to Line In (or Microphone) of ur PC.
2]Next, right click the Volue Control icon in System Tray, and click "Open Volume Controls".Here go to Options>Properties menu.
3]Select the Recording radio button, and in list shown below Select (put check mark) the Line In and Microphone and click OK.
4]In the main window, u make sure that Line In is selected (not muted),and keep the Line In Volume slider to max.
5]Get a software called Audacity, and install it. After this go to File>Preferences in Audacity.
6]In the Audio I/O tab select the Channels as "2(Stereo)".
7]After this, connect ur FMradio to Line In of PC and click Record button in Audacity.

*audacity.sourceforge.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom