recommendations for combo drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_anderson

Broken In
i want to buy a cd writer/dvd combo drive, which one would u guys recommend? i have a p4 2.4 ghz, windows xp pc! with 512 mb ram!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
It's better that u buy a DVD rom and CD writer seperately. There may be problem with lens later on and it's better to have two ROMs instead of one and it costs a 200-300rs more....
See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

For CD writer , get Lite-On 52327S or 5238S or Sony CD writer.
For DVD ROM get Lite-On 165/166
For Combo (in case u want only this) get Lite-On 5232K

And oh yeah search b4 u post.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19555&highlight=combo
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9976&highlight=combo
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13982&highlight=combo

busyanuj

In the zone
my vote goes for Sony. It's the best out there.

But if you actually want to make your drives last long then go for a dvd-rom and a cd-writer separately instead of a combo drive.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
man i am bored of the same old questions people ask ... dude go for a separate witer and dvd rom from sony/lite-on... but if u want to go for a combo then go for sony/lite-on ... i am using one .. and faced no probs. my office comp has a lg combo and it is hardly 2 months old and it doesnt read dvd's properly while my sony does and it is a year old ... avoid samsung and lg.

expertno.1

Technomancer
well i will go with shwetanshu

i have also LG combo and no problem at all from the last 2 years and its cheaper than sony

well if u realy wanna go then Lite-on will satisfy your budget

V

vishal_bhatia87

In my opinion, Go & buy lite-on.

Pros:
Cheap & Value for money
Better quality & life long
Nero 6 Express & Power DVD Bundled
Black & White Both colors available

saROMan

QA Juggler
well my vote for Sony ...using for last 6 Months Excellent quality..havnt faced any problem yet ....also Guess only Sony has a protective Cover for Lense..which increses its Durability....also u want Value for Money then go 4 Benq/Lite-on

Nimda

l33t n00b!
I recommend Lite-On.

LG is good too but I've never used a combo drive from LG so I can't tell correctly. I only have a stand-alone LG writer.

Techmastro

Journeyman
I completely agrees with drgrudge
You should buy a seperate cd writer & dvd rom.
I have my friends using combo & they are having problems with it.

vandit

In the zone
I agree...... to some extent.....

I dont fully agree with all of u.
having a combo is like cutting one wing of a bird.
considering the huge storage space that a DVD gives , I would suggest for all those buyers of combos to opt for a DVD writer with dual layer support instead. but given the choice between a combo and seperate drives I would agree for seperate writer and DVD rom..... 8)

Charley

Just Do It
I agree that combo drives if problems arises will be a headache but my friends have Sony and have been using the drives without any prob till date..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom