Recommend a business fone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
As the title says, my uncle needs a business phone with the highest priority features are:

1. email viewing and sending - with attachments, excel,word,pdf etc
2. wi-fi
3. Quad band
4. Internet browsing
5. good battery life

If i am correct most of these would be in some phone with Win Mo.

So any help with model nos. would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is your budget??

I think you may also want to edit your Office Documents in your fone, so you definitely need Symbian....

If your budget is 18K, so get N82....its the ultimate fone with everything you need. It has Wi-fi and a good camera with Xenon flash & AutoFocus....+ with Symbian, you can install a wide range of applications you'll be needing....

For emailing, there are a large range of softwares available for Symbian.

If you want you can go with HTC fones which have Windows Mobile, but their camera and music playback isn't good. But surely, no fone can beat them in their email features.

Pathik

Google Bot
Get a symbian. They have a better default browser than WM6 fones. The e51has a small screen. Else it is perfect. The e61i has a slow proccy. Get a n82 or n81 or 5700 and install Office & stuff on it.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
What is your budget??
high & flexible

If you want you can go with HTC fones which have Windows Mobile, but their camera and music playback isn't good. But surely, no fone can beat them in their email features.
camera & music playback is not of much importance, music playback is not required actually.

no third party softwares should be required to be installed. Or it should be very minimum something like pdf needs a separate viewer, that will do

My uncle has an inclination towards HTC too, any specific model

Pathik

Google Bot
E61 doesn't have a camera....

E51 is also good if you need a 12K business fone. It has Wi-fi and a 2mp camera without Flash, AutoFocus......Also, the screen is small.
IMO he meant the e61i. The e61 isnt available in India.

high & flexible

camera & music playback is not of much importance, music playback is not required actually.

no third party softwares should be required to be installed. Or it should be very minimum something like pdf needs a separate viewer, that will do

My uncle has an inclination towards HTC too, any specific model
HTC P3470. BTW Budget?

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
budget:

give me 1 option in: ~20k & one with reasons satisfying a budget of ~28k, paisa bahut hai uncle ke pass, I will only have to show him that a 28k has value with regards to features over a 22k

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Touch diamond is yet too come and may be its too flashy for your uncle as he doesnt need that much all..

You uncle can choose Touch criuse .
or he can also go for HTC P3452 (touch).. its simple small and having all basic features..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
tel him to wait for the XPERIA X1...jokes apart..the diamond does not have a qwerty keypad...rather no keypad at all..so will be difficult..
else if u are into windows mobile..the TTYN II should do it just right..but its laggy and battery life is not that great...

show him the SE p1i if he wants touchscreen with a super keypad..battery life is brilliant..

AAH!!!i completely forgot..BLACKBERRY ne one?ne one???

Last edited:

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
P1i - quad band, WiFi, Quick Office, pDf reader in built. Nice large 240x320 screen, and touchscreen, and a QWERTY keypad to boot. 3.2Mpx cam, with AF. All at 15k

Disadvantage: No EDGE :(

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what about internet speeds, he gets a lot of big attachment files ~5MB how is the speed on these things, someone with hands on experience? Also can he download the mails on his laptop & then transfer them all on his fone via usb cable, in other words absolute seemless syncing between outlook/outlook express and his fone?

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
@iMav P1i supports Blackberry's service. The email client supports POP, IMAP, and Exchange servers. Syncing via the cable and Outlook is easy.

He intends to download 5MB attachments via EDGE ? :|

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
^ BlackBerry Connect On Other cellphones isn't successful .. i have tested them myself !

@ iMav , 5 MB attachment is downloaded in max. time of 2.5 mins ... myself downloaded 15 MB ( .jpeg's attachments ) in flat 4 mins 15 seconds ! .. Moreover , there is no need for transferring the message thru USB , he can have the synchronization b/w his Outlook Express and BlackBerry . That's what BlackBerry Enterprise Server is for ! :)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmm... Sathya, P1i being non-Win Mo is something weighing against it, my uncle wishes to have a Win Mo cell phone.

@BB: Anything other Pearl to check out not in terms of price but in terms of features, also blackberry is n00b friendly i hope?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@iMav

If you can, ask your uncle to wait for Xperia X1....It is going to kick a$$ of every Windows Mobile based fone.....

500mhz processor, 256MB RAM, Windows Mobile 6.1, Touch Screen, Full QERTY keyboard...what more you need??...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom