RECEIVED $200 FROM MSN TRANSFER SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Recently I got following mails. What are these??

First Mail

Heading - YOU RECEIVED $200 FROM MSN TRANSFER SERVICE
MSN Online Transfer Service
<transfer-service@msn.com> to MSN
Mar 11 (3 days ago)
From: MSN Online Transfer Service <transfer-service@msn.com> Mailed-By: server23.miyi-hosting.com
To: MSN Online Transfer Service <msn.transfer.id-28132@msn.com>
Date: Mar 11, 2006 2:42 PM
Subject: YOU RECEIVED $200 FROM MSN TRANSFER SERVICE
MSN.com - Saturday March 11 2006
---------------------------------------------------------

You received this e-mail because someone sent you $200 through MSN Online Transfer Service. To pick up your money, please click here:

*www.msn.com/?page=transfer&action=show&id=381029831728143

Sincerely,
The MSN.com staff

Mail 2

Heading - You received $200 from MSN
MSN Online Transfer Service
<OnlineTransfer@msn.com> to MSN
Mar 12 (2 days ago)
From: MSN Online Transfer Service <OnlineTransfer@msn.com> Mailed-By: server2.rittertech.com
To: MSN Online Transfer Service <msn.transfer.id-21837@msn.com>
Date: Mar 12, 2006 5:57 PM
Subject: You received $200 from MSN

MSN.com - Saturday March 11 2006
---------------------------------------------------------

You received this e-mail because someone sent you $200 through MSN Online Transfer Service. To pick up your money, please click here:

*www.msn.com/?page=transfer&action=show&id=381029831728143

Sincerely,
The MSN.com staff

So anyone having any idea what is it?

mvishnu

Broken In
looks like spam to me....

If u remember, MSN is from microsoft, who will never 'give' money like that..

I got a mail few days before saying i got 100000 Euros.... Just delete it, i u dont want 110 spam msgs everyday

hafees

In the zone
This is surely spam. Look in the url more carefully. What they actually do is uses msn to redirect to some spam site.

navraj

Broken In
Somebody is spoofing. Just delete these emails. Spammers send out thousands of emails to the accounts which their spiders gather from the web. These spammers use images to test which account is valid. If you open the mail, an image will open up which will be linked to the id allocated to your email. In this way, they will get to know which email ids exist and then they will spam you more.
So next time you get such a lucrative email, just delete it before opening.
Gmail and some other service providers do not allow remote images. This is just to counter this technique used by spammers.

eddie

El mooooo
These are phishing[1] mails. The links given on which you have to click to pick your money are linked to some 3rd party pages using redirector services like iredirector. Once you reach the third party page, they ask you personal details like your back account number/IDs/passwords etc to deposit the money in your account. If you give it to them...well...you know the rest of the part ;)

[1] *www.webopedia.com/TERM/p/phishing.html

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
mad just click on d link its not redirecting and btw, i also know how to deal with such e-mails but why will sum1 link me 2 msn.com

i think its bill gates trick to bring traffic on their site

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Incredible, that was funny. Bill Gates must be in very serious trouble. :lol:

I think navraj is right. It is just a ploy to check out which ids are active so that they can be spammed further.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I recently got some mails like this which made me blive that , they were sent by ebay. Thank god, my ebay toolbar told that it was spam, had i logged into that duplicate ebay with my user id/password, my bank account would have been empty by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom