Really Hot CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
When I'm using Microsoft Virtual PC and installing Windows XP in a virtual machine, the temperature of my Intel Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz went upto 130 degrees. I have a CPU fan (about 3000 rpm) but the temp goes on increasing. The temp of MotherBoard also went to 55 degrees.
Is this normal when running intensive CPU programs??
If not, how can I keep my CPU cool in such conditions??

PS: I haven't overclocked my CPU.

sms_solver

In the zone
130 degree C or F, I don't think any CPU could reach that temp and still works

There might be error in temp monitoring program or problem with sensors.

Use AIDA or EVErest to check the temp

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
sms_solver said:
130 degree C or F, I don't think any CPU could reach that temp and still works

There might be error in temp monitoring program or problem with sensors.

Use AIDA or EVErest to check the temp
130 Degrees............... For sure

G

gxsaurav

thats impossible, the max temprature a willmate or Northwood can go is 65 or 71 degrees, more then that & the CPU will shut down

something is wrong with the sensor

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
gxsaurav said:
thats impossible, the max temprature a willmate or Northwood can go is 65 or 71 degrees, more then that & the CPU will shut down

something is wrong with the sensor
I'm using Fresh UI from Fresh Devices.............. How is that program??

geek_rohit

In the zone
It has to be fahrenheit not celsius, because no processor can stand 130 degree celsius, moreover I havn't heard of such temperatures in a processor. Every processor has an on die temperature. Beyond which a processor will fail. Even the highest a AMD Athlon can manage is upto 100 degrees celsius.
See this to believe:
*www.gen-x-pc.com/cputemps.htm

BONZI

Journeyman
Either fresh UI is lying or you are mistaken. Temp cant go above 75 degrees. Goto to your bios and check the temp.

zegulas

Traceur
I just cant believe that ur pc runs on 130 degree C.
But I would reccommend u to install new copper based heatsink, with a higher rpm fan (at ur own risk)

Sourabh

Laptoping
well zegulas, how long have u been a lurker?

do u visit the forums regularly

cant imagine someone joining the forums on oct 2003 and first post in april 2005

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Sourabh said:

cant imagine someone joining the forums on oct 2003 and first post in april 2005
LOL.................
How did he remembe that he had registered so long back............ and he came back to post after 2 long years..................... Really surprising...... Hope he doesn't post his second one in 2007................ :D

aadipa

Padawan
khattam_ said:
Sourabh said:

LOL.................
How did he remembe that he had registered so long back............ and he came back to post after 2 long years..................... Really surprising...... Hope he doesn't post his second one in 2007................ :D

:lol:

may be he by mistake came back to the site....
@zegulas : btw welcome to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom