really confused!! need ur help geeks..

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by thinktwice, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thinktwice

thinktwice New Member

i m really confused whether i sud go for a cabinet with inbuilt PSU or i sud purchase it seperately....r d PSUs which come with cab. r worth ...i m looking for 500W psu ...... any cab. has this PSU???
    wht d price.... which brand???

2. mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck New Member

PSU's

look, if u wanna play games and wanna play with a gud gfx card then u should opt for atleast a 400W PSU. many locally made cabinets do come with stock PSU's but their output power is nowhere near 400W. i suggest u go for separate cabinet and PSU. if u have money to spend go for antec or coolermaster PSU's. check out http://deltapage.com for antec products.

3. OP
    OP
    thinktwice

thinktwice New Member

thanks buddy!!!

4. shovik

shovik Banned

Go for separate Cabinet and PSU. Don't go for Antec cabinets as they cost a hell. Go for i-ball Workhorse cabinet which retails with a 350watt PSU at Rs.1480, where as an Antec Cabinet alone costs around Rs.3500.

Now its for you to decide.

Regards,
    Shovik.

5. TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1 New Member

Go for the VIP G(Gamers) series cabinets like G-100,G-200 0r G-300 along with Good Powersafe PSU of atleast 500W,if u need some reliability with best value for money.Total cost (inclusive of cabinet & 500w PSU) will be within 4000-5000 bucks INR! I have the G-300!!!

6. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

Like i always say .. higher price mostly translates into better quality ... u could opt for Antec Performance TX 1050B cabinet .. it comes bundled with a SP2.0 500W modular PSU and costs around 8k's ... really worth the money , as u get loads of options to plug in more fans .. infact this cabinet has a very good airflow ... and u can really bring down the temps by simply installing the right fans ...

7. samwisedabrave

samwisedabrave New Member

Buy separate cabinet and PSU.Inbuilt PSUs are pretty inadequate for current PC configuration(200-250W). I think higher the watts, the longer your mobo will be able to withstand the load.
    U could go for Powersafe 400W and above. Its been recommended by Chip-India, cos it has 2 fans which will cool the PSU down considerably.
    Antec with the same specs costs around 3500.
    Powersafe 400W PSU costs around 1450
    Also go for High-range ATX towers, you can easily upgrade your system. ive been using a high tower cabinet for the past 5 yrs, and im able to upgrade my system without any problems. Look for ones which have a fan placed just above the processor, for proper ventilation. Also the greater the number of fans, the better the cabinet.

Hope this helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.