really confused!! need ur help geeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinktwice

Broken In
i m really confused whether i sud go for a cabinet with inbuilt PSU or i sud purchase it seperately....r d PSUs which come with cab. r worth ...i m looking for 500W psu ...... any cab. has this PSU???
wht d price.... which brand???

mav3r1ck

Broken In
PSU's

look, if u wanna play games and wanna play with a gud gfx card then u should opt for atleast a 400W PSU. many locally made cabinets do come with stock PSU's but their output power is nowhere near 400W. i suggest u go for separate cabinet and PSU. if u have money to spend go for antec or coolermaster PSU's. check out *deltapage.com for antec products.

shovik

Banned
Go for separate Cabinet and PSU. Don't go for Antec cabinets as they cost a hell. Go for i-ball Workhorse cabinet which retails with a 350watt PSU at Rs.1480, where as an Antec Cabinet alone costs around Rs.3500.

Now its for you to decide.

Regards,
Shovik.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Go for the VIP G(Gamers) series cabinets like G-100,G-200 0r G-300 along with Good Powersafe PSU of atleast 500W,if u need some reliability with best value for money.Total cost (inclusive of cabinet & 500w PSU) will be within 4000-5000 bucks INR! I have the G-300!!!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Like i always say .. higher price mostly translates into better quality ... u could opt for Antec Performance TX 1050B cabinet .. it comes bundled with a SP2.0 500W modular PSU and costs around 8k's ... really worth the money , as u get loads of options to plug in more fans .. infact this cabinet has a very good airflow ... and u can really bring down the temps by simply installing the right fans ...

samwisedabrave

Right off the assembly line
thinktwice said:
i m really confused whether i sud go for a cabinet with inbuilt PSU or i sud purchase it seperately....r d PSUs which come with cab. r worth ...i m looking for 500W psu ...... any cab. has this PSU???
wht d price.... which brand???

Buy separate cabinet and PSU.Inbuilt PSUs are pretty inadequate for current PC configuration(200-250W). I think higher the watts, the longer your mobo will be able to withstand the load.
U could go for Powersafe 400W and above. Its been recommended by Chip-India, cos it has 2 fans which will cool the PSU down considerably.
Antec with the same specs costs around 3500.
Powersafe 400W PSU costs around 1450
Also go for High-range ATX towers, you can easily upgrade your system. ive been using a high tower cabinet for the past 5 yrs, and im able to upgrade my system without any problems. Look for ones which have a fan placed just above the processor, for proper ventilation. Also the greater the number of fans, the better the cabinet.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom