Real Unlimited Browsing for Broadband users

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyushp_20

Geekologist
As u all know that all the broadband providers in India offer Unlimited Browsing, and a limit of 400 mb approx to download, but when we surf web it downloads its pages as temporary internet files and cookies and all these are also included in the download limit.

Is there any way to stop sites to download anything to the system, not even as the temporary internet browsing.

If their is any software then please provide the link to download it, coz i think that if we can stop sites to download anything then we can use our full limit of 400 mb and enjoy unlimited browsing.

Thank u

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
i cudnt understand u , what exactly do u want ???
if webpages will be opened , bandwidth will defintely be consumed . there is no way we can view web pages without affecting our data limit.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
That is not possible piyush, coz whenever u open a site, the pages and the reqd. content are downloaded to the cache, from where its displayed on your browser. Altho you can stop some of the content like ads, flash files, images,etc. from being automatically downloaded to your pc, but its not foolproof.

IMHO, the best way to stop sites from downloading would be to not surf at all.*img103.exs.cx/img103/6541/biggrin.gif

janitha

Wise Old Owl
If you are using Firefox, you can use extensions like adblock plus which prevents ads being downloaded and more importantly, Flashblock to prevent flash animations being downloaded. In case of IE7 also, I think there are similar extensions but I have not tried.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup disable all ads and flash content....
to restrict ur usage even more... disable images too..

champ_rock

champ_rock
in my 400mb limit days i used to block images + flash ... that saves a lot of space..

afterall who need to see those google, yahoo image again and again

hmmmmm...u can minimize those files by blocking popups,ads ,flash,and images..but theres no way u can make it zero...afterall even a text based webpage will consume some KBs..

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
piyushp_20 said:
As u all know that all the broadband providers in India offer Unlimited Browsing, and a limit of 400 mb approx to download, but when we surf web it downloads its pages as temporary internet files and cookies and all these are also included in the download limit.

Is there any way to stop sites to download anything to the system, not even as the temporary internet browsing.

If their is any software then please provide the link to download it, coz i think that if we can stop sites to download anything then we can use our full limit of 400 mb and enjoy unlimited browsing.

Thank u

I got better solution..
Better you learn few more things about comupters and internet first

No one can help you untill you donno what you are talking..

NO hard feelings !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom