real problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk

Broken In
about 2 years ago i bought a p4 pc from compaq,
it has p4 processor with 128 mb ddr ram[266 mhz,samsung build] with windowsxp pro os [and 3 years warranty]
recently i took a broadband cablenet connection from sify,
after working for 1 month one day lan card stopped detecting by xp [system said no lan card found]
so on complaining to compaq their technician came and replaced the motherboard[he said because it is
an integrated lancard]
now after a week of that i purchased a new ram module of simtronics [512 mb,266 mhz]
now os is detecting everything fine (646,640 kb ram) but sometimes while working the computer reboots
automatically without giving any warning, it happened 4 or 5 times till now in 24 days period ,
so what could be the problem changed motherboard or new ram chip , is there anyway to check the problem ?

indro

In the zone
When using the Semtronics module , pleae get rid of the other samsung 128mb module , also Simmtronics gives some problems to some extent,i had problems with it with the SiS 760 chipset .

Try a BIOS upgrade as well.

busyanuj

In the zone
rk said:
now after a week of that i purchased a new ram module of simtronics [512 mb,266 mhz]
now os is detecting everything fine (646,640 kb ram) but sometimes while working the computer reboots
automatically without giving any warning, it happened 4 or 5 times till now in 24 days period ,

it's probably due to the ram module, get it replaced.

and as indro also suggested, remove the other 128 mb ram module.
the two ram modules might not be compatible with each other.

babumuchhala

In the zone
indro said:
When using the Semtronics module , pleae get rid of the other samsung 128mb module , also Simmtronics gives some problems to some extent,i had problems with it with the SiS 760 chipset .

Try a BIOS upgrade as well.
NO dont ever remove the Compaq RAM or u will lose ur warranty. If u ever call up Compaq dont tell them anything about the new RAM

Try running ur PC without the new 512 MB RAM and see. If the problem exists then call Compaq & get it rectified. Other wise ur new RAM module is at fault.

NOTE DONT TELL COMPAQ ABOUT YOUR NEW RAM MODULE PURCHASE. YOU WILL BE PUTTING YOUR WARRANTY AT RISK

theraven

Technomancer
abbey ja na !
2 saal mein uska pc expire ho gaya. .. warranty to kab ka chod ke chal di hogi !

@rk use memtest to test the mem modules
also check ur pc temperatures if they are within limits !
could be the cause

babumuchhala

In the zone
theraven said:
abbey ja na !
2 saal mein uska pc expire ho gaya. .. warranty to kab ka chod ke chal di hogi !

could be the cause
Abe yaar thoda dhyan se pada karo uske pc 3 year warranty mein hai, iseliye usko itna notes diya

theraven

Technomancer
:shock:
teen saal ka warranty ?
:lol:
company doob jayegi
which company again ?

o ok COMPAQ
its a dooba hua company anyways :lol:

acha let it be ... too much spamming now ...
as far as im concerned tell compaq to kiss my feathery raven @$$
they are really abd at service man !!
anyways yeah .... dun tell anyone
*shhhhhh*
(its a secrey ... we'll help u keep it :p )

babumuchhala

In the zone
theraven said:
teen saal ka warranty ?
company doob jayegi
which company again ?

o ok COMPAQ
its a dooba hua company anyways :lol:

acha let it be ... too much spamming now ...
as far as im concerned tell compaq to kiss my feathery raven @$$
they are really abd at service man !!
anyways yeah .... dun tell anyone
*shhhhhh*
(its a secrey ... we'll help u keep it :p )
Well 3 years warranty dosent come fr free mate. Yhey charged me 7K fr 2 years extended support. It was well recovered as they replaced mobo twice & FDD once. Had taken this extended warranty bcos abt 3&1/2 years ago i was a dumbo in comps, then came the PC and later digit mag. This is a completly different story now.But this has also left me with only 64MB RAM :( :(

babumuchhala

In the zone
rk said:
theraven said:
teen saal ka warranty ?
company doob jayegi
which company again ?

now its hp,so its hp's responsibility :idea:

rk said:
theraven said:
could be the cause

rk said:
is there any program that can check for motherboard problem or for any error in it

rk said:
babumuchhala said:
Well 3 years warranty dosent come fr free mate.
very currect
ok i'll try memtest[/quote]

WHY did u post 4 times back 2 back. Thats clear spamming. Please refrain frm doin this.
Read the rules:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom