Real Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i installed real player 10 .... and it does not open the player itself does not open .... i tried re-installing it says uninstaller component missing ... i tried installing previous versions and no luck .... what do i do

P

pokiri

check whether any process linke realplay.exe or realshed.exe is running already in task manager...
and remove any temp files created under C:\Documents and Settings\<usr name>\Local Settings\Temp folder

if so end those processes and try to re-open player file,if not re-install it now and try again ....

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Follow the golden rule delete the folder for the app Real Player in this case from Program Files and then reinstall the application.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
bhai log giv me a registry cleaning tool and ashish ur trick is no golden rule coz my problem is related to registry

P

pokiri

if u want to do registry cleaning.....
i will suggest u to use TuneUp utilities ...
which is working nicely in my system.. iam providing the link (homepage of it) below :)

*www.tune-up.com/

1. do u have a shortcut icon on u r desktop if don't have create one
2. then right click on the shortcut and go to properties click on it
3. then there will be a pop up window which will give u 3 options to choose from
4. choose the tab find target......... it will take u to the folder which u wanat to uninstall the real player
5. on the opened window look for the folder named Setup
6. double click on it and when it opens there will be a icon named .r1pclean.exe double click on it there will be a error but ignore it if anything comes up click on ok it will take a few minutes to uninstall
7. when the process is over restart the pc

it should work perfectly fine just instal the real again and it will work fine good luck

well here is a long way around
1. there must be a my computer icon ot a tab on u r pc somewhere click on it it will open up and u will see all the items on u r pc like floppy drive cd rom or dvd rom or any other icon u have to look espicially for Local Disk (C*www.moviecodec.com/images/emoticons/smiley.gif double click on it
2. u will have to look for program files folder if u cant see any folders they should be hidding if on the screen it says this files are hidden there will be be a option to unhide them the click on the option which says show the contents of this folder

3. then click on program files.

4. look for the folder real if u cant see the any folders do the same thing as above to unhide the folders.

5. when u get to the real folder , double click on it

6. then double click on realplayer folder

7. then click on Setup

8. then click on .r1pclean.exe just like in the above shortcut method

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys thanx for ur help especially ashish for typing such a detailed explanantion but it did not help as i said it says 'uninstaller component missing'

P

pokiri

otherwise try this once
try to see the files in program files>real player folder in ur system and in ur frend system
and try to copy the files missing.... and try to copy them...
i hope thr r some files corrupted... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom