Real Media music v/s MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, I hve seen that Real Media audio files do compress music with thier original quality to almost 1/6 th of MP3 sizes.... A normal 6 min song which takes about 5.5 - 6.5 MB (128 kbps) in MP3 takes about 700 - 800 KB 21-42 kbps) on RM..Yet, the quality is wonderful.. What should one prefer? ? ?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I prefer MP3 simply because that's what my home theater, my portable music player (it also does WMA, but what the heck) and my car support. Too much trouble transcoding and managing multiple formats, and its not like we dont have enough hard disk space or a CDRW/DVDRW drive handy.

sridhar8310

Broken In
mp3 vs real media

Well let's see. Firstly mp3 is the widely used format. It's can be played on any player on the system and on any mp3 compatible VCD/DVD players, which are available easily compared to a real media compatibel player. Coming to the compression real media beats the point. But I don't think the qualiity is as good as that of mp3 atleast the ones I have seen.
One more thing real media encoding and decoding is difficult when compared to that of mp3, since mp3 are freely editable by any player.

So at the end mp3 scores well beyong real. If u are planning to put the songs on the net then real is the best.

parthbarot

In the zone
no man u thnk that RM & MP3 same quality then u r wrong ok?

take any high quality song with bass,treble grt music bits etc & convert to RM & compare it with MP3...simply mp3 is the best...

if u have less space then u can keep some on CDs ok?

regards

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
neerajvohra said:
bharathbala2003 said:
well i prefer MP3.. cos i got LOTSA collection in CD's :wink:

I dont Trust CDs
HAve in hardisk!!!!!!!
With Large Data storage hard disk!

lol and what if ur hard drive crashes??? at least CDs wont crash...and u can always make new copies if one CD gets scratched or something...and im sure u cant carry ur hard drive around 2 use in a CD player :lol:

rachitar

Journeyman
Well real does having a good quality for videos atleast
I had a video in RM and avi both(dont ask me why i downloaded both)
The Rm video was at the same quality.
RM was aout 319 MB
Avi was 898 MB
??????
What is so good about the RM codec that makes such a huge compression possible?

hikapil

Journeyman
Nemesis said:
neerajvohra said:
bharathbala2003 said:
well i prefer MP3.. cos i got LOTSA collection in CD's :wink:

I dont Trust CDs
HAve in hardisk!!!!!!!
With Large Data storage hard disk!

lol and what if ur hard drive crashes??? at least CDs wont crash...and u can always make new copies if one CD gets scratched or something...and im sure u cant carry ur hard drive around 2 use in a CD player :lol:

I havea huge collection of Songs, both in My hard disk and also have all the songs in CD's.

My HDD crashed once, and i got all songs back, If one CD got Scratched, i make a new One. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, I am talking of song quality with good compression.. No fool goes out to check the intensity of bass and treble.. Leave it for the music directors..

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys...

i also agree that... mp3.. is great. yaarr no comparison.. yesday.. as said by enoon...swat and all... i tried to convert my songs.. to ogg and even WMA...

though it saves little space.. but yaar. quality degrades coz i have habit to listening mp3 and i can sense change in ogg and WMA...

i ll suggest keep it mp3... if running out if space... burn em on CD's..

Cheers...
Dipen

goobimama

 Macboy
try listening to those RM compressed files on a Creative megaworks 550 system and then play an Mp3 file and see the difference....

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg
Rollaword.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom