Real life photograph to comic based photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg47

Technomancer
This is a photoshop tutorial, by which we can edit a real life photograph to change it into a comic based picture.
Here we go,

• Open a photograph of any type, a photo, landscape, etc in photoshop.
  • Now by default the image opened is locked, unlock the image by double clicking on the layer in the layers panel.
  • Now duplicate the layer and place it below the original layer.
  • Apply Gaussian blur to the duplicated image, to do that, go to Filter>Blur and click on Gaussian Blur, set the radius to 8.5 and click OK.
  • Now select the original layer and change the blending mode to Darken.
  • Now when you watch, you will feel that the image looks as a picture found in any comic book.
  • Using multiple layers brings more detail into the pictures.

how was he tutorial?
this tut can also be found in my website
*gr8shashank.googlepages.com/tutorial4
only 4 tuts, will bring more. Thanx.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Use the Artistic & Brush Stroke plugin galleries wisely to get brilliant results.
Add them to ur tutorial...

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
rajasekharan said:
for some reason i cant rep him :-( it says i need to spread rep :-(

thanx, the one who is adding reputation points to others need to have more rep points than to the person to who he is repping(i guess). try not to post any illegal stuff. thanx again.

thanx for the advice.

Last edited:

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I remember goobimama once wrote a tut. for applying ANGEL effect using same method.. But instead of setting blending mode to DARKEN it must be set to OVERLAY..I've experimented with all modes....
Thanx for the tutorials...Keep it coming!!!

hash!!

________
nice method dude, theres another way, hope u wudnt mind me posting it here...
open the picture, copy it into a new layer/unlock it....
go to filter>artistic>poster edges... increase the edge thickness to 8-9, try keepin the edge intensity low...
posterization to 2 or 3, enough to preserve the details of the face/subject
apply this.
now go to filter>artistic>smudge stick.... now keep a medium or medium-high stroke length, medium to high highlight area and high intensity....
apply this as well...
finally, go to filter>stylize>diffuse, select anisotropic and apply.... this smoothens out the noise
(the level of each tool might vary from picture to picture, so you might as well play around a bit by increasing or decreasing the values of the sub-options within each filter...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom