Real And Ridiculous Amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Remember the awesome TDP of 140W in the Phenoms. Well after that came Deneb as many of you are aware.

But here's something.

The Engineering Sample, STEPPING 0(have a luk at it, it is important)
vCore Speed
1.336V 3GHz
1.424V 3.2GHz
1.568 3.4GHz

But can you believe what AMD has just done with this. Here:
The Engineering Sample, STEPPING 1(<<<noticed!!!)
vCore Speed
1.168V 4Ghz

Can you believe that, and the previous Deneb hit 4GHz easily, and now this one at 4Ghz and just 1.168V, lolz luks like a joke but true(the source is reliable).
Does that mean 5Ghz is no longer a dream on Denebs? See, surprises here and there. And someppl had already started to pitt the Nehalems against the Denebs as bad.
As for Nehalem increase, you can see this:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98748

And I'm saying this cause it is similar to running Nehalem proccs 5GHz at stock voltages. Letz see what happens, I've got a feeling Deneb FX holds a big surprise for us up ahead::::::

*www.overclockers.com/index.php?opt...lous-amd-news&catid=57:processors&Itemid=4263

My next desktop will be a deneb with a DDR3 8xxG chipset mobo and HD4xxx IGP 8)

I am hoping to see some loooow clock Deneb quad cores. A 1.6GHz per core deneb which overclocks really well at 4K would be perfect :D (and it really does appear possible...).

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Well, u'r dream come true.
AMD propous quad cores for main-stream and higher entry-level offerings!!

Well, u'r dream come true.
AMD propous quad cores for main-stream and higher entry-level offerings!!
I didn't finish my sentence :p

I wanted low clockspeed but 4 cores IN PREFERENCE TO high clockspeed but 2 cores, mainly because it aids multitasking and does not affect performance of linux.

Hopefully AMD's over-clocking and power-saving utilities also will get some revamp. It would be great if they had a tool that could set the "max on-demand clockspeed" in their Cool 'N Quite technology, and use that to not underclock, but to also overclock. I mean, if we specify a vcore and clock as the max(say 4.4GHz), and a vcore and clock as the min(say 0.1GHz), and their Cool 'N Quite automatically adjusted these values to something in between, depending on the demand for processing power, and also turn off cores which are not needed. This would result in a very low power consuption and AMD can keep up with its GREEN PC ideals.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Hmm, yes and best thing is AMD still has time for it, since Nehalem is ready for release, just on the starting line, but deneb is still in the common room, getting last minitue touches(hopefully another major one too)

Hmm, yes and best thing is AMD still has time for it, since Nehalem is ready for release, just on the starting line, but deneb is still in the common room, getting last minitue touches(hopefully another major one too)
But I think the power saving part is a feature of the chipset, isn't it ?
So they have EVEN MORE time.
Budget nehalem chipsets are faaaar away.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Yes true, but
i7 920 2.66GHz is 283$ which is roughly 13.5k in India(aftr including xtras, VAT)

So, if tht gets to 10k in about 6-8 months, tht's still nice.

Yes, DENEB has loads of time,. well for another Stepping change too, which might change the entire course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom