Read from scratched cd/dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have few scratched cd's and dvd's. I have used badcopy pro v3.80 build 1108 and cd/dvd recovery to recover .vob files from a scratched dvd. The s/w's can recover the files but K-Lite and WMP10 cannot render those files. How do i make the recovered .vob files work?

Suggest any other gud s/w. which can TRULY recover the files by making them work.

BadCopy and cd/dvd recovery r gud s/w. but they r not helping me at the moment

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You can try playing those files in Video LAN Player. *www.videolan.org/vlc

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Hey thnx kalpik it worked! d files played properly.

What is the logic behind it? I have all possible drivers installed from K-Lite and WMP10. Even PowerDVD failed to play those files. How cud VLC play them without a prb?

cyrux

In the zone
VLC player is one of the best players to play dvd and vcd files or any video file for instance

go4saket

Akshay said:
I have few scratched cd's and dvd's. I have used badcopy pro v3.80 build 1108 and cd/dvd recovery to recover .vob files from a scratched dvd. The s/w's can recover the files but K-Lite and WMP10 cannot render those files. How do i make the recovered .vob files work?

Suggest any other gud s/w. which can TRULY recover the files by making them work.

BadCopy and cd/dvd recovery r gud s/w. but they r not helping me at the moment

You said you could recover the vob files using some software called badcopy. I have a few DVD's that actually are not strached but when ever I try to copy them to my HDD, after a certain point, it gived a data copy error. Can to please tell me a way to copy these files and which software can help me in this.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I had the same prb. I cudnt copy files from DVD/CD. These s/w.'s provide option for recovering files in diff. modes and have not failed even once while recovering/copying files from cd/dvd (though .vob files cudnt b played).

U can use CD/DVD Recovery v1.x or BadCopy Pro v3.80 build 1108 (both r not freewares). There is one more gud s/w. ISOBuster or something like that. BlindRead is also another excellent s.w. Google for them or chk at *www.1000apps.com or
*www.soft32.com.

CD/DVD Recovery: *www.regnow.com/softsell/visitor.cg...146&ref=*www.008soft.com/products/cddvddr.exe

CD/DVD Recovery s/w. had come in one of the DIGIT cd/dvd. Its faster than BadCopy Pro.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Videolan uses the open source code development technique for its optimum working under the worst circumstances.More than that VLC uses the actual system modules to render video and audio streams.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
mayanksharma said:
Videolan uses the open source code development technique for its optimum working under the worst circumstances.More than that VLC uses the actual system modules to render video and audio streams.
Huh?? What is this "open source code development technique"?? And how does VLC use it for "its optimum working under worst cirumstances"?? Man.. Its just open source and thats it.. There is no special "development technique" for open source software.. And just because its open source does not mean it has to be good.. (though VLC is excellent!)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom