1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Read from scratched cd/dvd's

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Akshay, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akshay

Akshay Active Member

I have few scratched cd's and dvd's. I have used badcopy pro v3.80 build 1108 and cd/dvd recovery to recover .vob files from a scratched dvd. The s/w's can recover the files but K-Lite and WMP10 cannot render those files. How do i make the recovered .vob files work?

Suggest any other gud s/w. which can TRULY recover the files by making them work.

BadCopy and cd/dvd recovery r gud s/w. but they r not helping me at the moment

2. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

3. OP
    OP
    Akshay

Akshay Active Member

Hey thnx kalpik it worked! d files played properly.

What is the logic behind it? I have all possible drivers installed from K-Lite and WMP10. Even PowerDVD failed to play those files. How cud VLC play them without a prb?

4. cyrux

cyrux New Member

VLC player is one of the best players to play dvd and vcd files or any video file for instance

5. go4saket

go4saket 9437077259

You said you could recover the vob files using some software called badcopy. I have a few DVD's that actually are not strached but when ever I try to copy them to my HDD, after a certain point, it gived a data copy error. Can to please tell me a way to copy these files and which software can help me in this.

6. OP
    OP
    Akshay

Akshay Active Member

I had the same prb. I cudnt copy files from DVD/CD. These s/w.'s provide option for recovering files in diff. modes and have not failed even once while recovering/copying files from cd/dvd (though .vob files cudnt b played).

U can use CD/DVD Recovery v1.x or BadCopy Pro v3.80 build 1108 (both r not freewares). There is one more gud s/w. ISOBuster or something like that. BlindRead is also another excellent s.w. Google for them or chk at http://www.1000apps.com or
    http://www.soft32.com.

CD/DVD Recovery: http://www.regnow.com/softsell/visi...f=http://www.008soft.com/products/cddvddr.exe

CD/DVD Recovery s/w. had come in one of the DIGIT cd/dvd. Its faster than BadCopy Pro.

7. mayanksharma

mayanksharma New Member

Videolan uses the open source code development technique for its optimum working under the worst circumstances.More than that VLC uses the actual system modules to render video and audio streams.

8. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

Huh?? What is this "open source code development technique"?? And how does VLC use it for "its optimum working under worst cirumstances"?? Man.. Its just open source and thats it.. There is no special "development technique" for open source software.. And just because its open source does not mean it has to be good.. (though VLC is excellent!)..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.