Re: Recovering deleted subfolder from shared folder on Windows XP/2000 Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi all,

Well here is the situation. I have a shared folder on an Windows XP/2000 network - we use it to exchange files/folders on the network. The folder is password protected and users on the network can log in as "guest" (with the password). Unfortunately, I had given full access to this "guest" account and someone on the network inadvertently deleted an important subfolder on this shared folder (along with all the contents). Is there I way I can recover this subfolder?

Help needed fast!

DH

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try to use a file recovery software such as PC Inspector File Recovery available at *www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm - however, there is no guarantee of success...

Arun

OP
D

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Okay fine - I will try it out.... but when you delete a shared file/subfolder/folder from a shared folder on the network, where does the file go? It does not go to the recycle bin of any of the computers on the network. Is there any other place it goes to?

DukeNukem

Come get Some
aree bhaiyaaa rane ke tohar filewa kahi nae jawat hai, o wahi rehat hai. bus uske sarkari khate (table) se naam kat jawat hae.

sofatware(bribe) ke madad se tum apna filewa wapas la sakat ho agar waha pe koi or file na aa ke baith gayi ho

aaaiyyy samjhan me

sakumar79

Technomancer
Unfortunately, due to the way windows handles the situation, files deleted over the network dont go to the recycle bin but are directly deleted...

Arun

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
only the pointers r deleted...and file made invisble to user..actually it is there..even after SHIFT+DEL....so try ur luck to recover....but u will need other HDD to recover ur files else files mi8 get damage if any thing over written on them now..or else even over course of time....
u can also try stellar pheonix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom