Re:Modem and PPPoE

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
Hi all
I will highly appreciate if Tech-Gurus could comment on the problem I faced:

I have BSNL Broadband. I faced a problem with the connectivity past 5 days. It was observed(by bsnl) that the line had too much noise(disturbance),and it was concluded that broadband connectivity is affected by the. So they changed the pair at the pole outside.They also did some Jumpering at the exchange. With all this my line became clear but still I was not able to browse. On checking, they found that with a new modem I was able to get connectivity. They also concluded that the PPPoE of my modem had got corrupted. Therefore they made bsnl-shortcut on my desktop to click everytime I needed to browse.
1. Now my question is whether PPPoE of modem can be corrupted or damaged and what can be the causes for it ?
2. Can this be rectified ?
3. What precautions can taken to prevent it ?

Thanks

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Re: Modem and PPPoE

If the PPPoE of your modem gets corrupted they will have to change the modem as it will not be able to do bridging. Its a tall story. Anyway are you able to access the internet now? If not ask them to check and change the modem if required. Usually if the router (or modem as you call it) really gets corrupted it simply won't work!

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman

Hi ..
Thanks for your reply.

BSNL guy said that XP come ready with PPPoE, so he has made a short cut on my desktop that bypasses the modem's PPPoE. So I am able to access my Internet by clicking on the BSNL-shortcut.Though he has promised to change the Modem.
What I am trying to understand is the reason of this happening. Could it be the faulty line or was it some website... ???
Best Regards

NucleusKore

TheSaint

Again, if your modem was really corrupted it simply would not work. I have not heard of only a PPPoE part of a router getting spoilt, its all or none. In any case as long as you are able to browse with the full bandwidth no problem don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom