Re : Ethernet Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
I have been told by my Broadband supplier(BSNL) that at my end I should be ready with Ethernet card. Can someone tell me how to carry out a physical check for it, if my mother board(ASUS P4GE-MX) has it or not ? And if I have to get it, which make is best to get and at what price ?
Thanks in advance

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Check the back of the computer for a jack that looks like a phone jack but slightly larger. That is an rj-45 receptacle thingy. That confirms the presence of lan card (built-in or otherwise).

But ur mobo don't seem to have one. Buy a dlink lan card. That shud be gud enuf.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
on the back side of your cabinet, look for a port like *img369.imageshack.us/img369/3411/c91bsmall3ze.jpg
this is an Ethernet port. it's slightly bigger than the ordinary telephone ports.

another way, go to system properties, then device manager.. look for an entry "network adapters".

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
Thankyou all for your inputs..

1. I did find a Telephone type port at the back. There was no way to find out if it was a RJ-45
2. Then I did the the system check and found that Network Adaptors had a Fast Ethernet Adaptor

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom