Rare motherboard....911 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

san210in

Broken In
Heeya digitianz..

Leme get strght dwn 2 da point...

Ive got a well out dated Socket 478 1.7 Ghz Processor with 865 Glad MOBO..

As most f ya'll probly know, it dosen't hold an agp slot(jus 4 PCIs)

Has any1 come across a mobo that supports socket 478 + 1.7Ghz only processors and also retains an AGP 8x/4x slot??? plzzz guyz??? ( ive only come across mobos with AGP that support only p4s frm 2.0ghz and upwards)

And is this the below prod true??
*cgi.ebay.in/Intel-845-865-SOCKET-478-Motherboard-for-P4-with-Lan_W0QQitemZ380011221349QQihZ025QQcategoryZ149894QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(AND)

How much will a p4 3.0 ghz + pcie/agp compatible mobo cost??

IT GODS...u gotta see this...:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
it will be really really tough to find a socket 478 board in market...I had a tough time getting one when my Intel 865GBF got screwed...and that was one and a half years back..in Nov 2006....I dnt think u will be able to find one in market until the divine power is on ur side.. :p

and abt the ebay link...That is most probably a Intel 845 chip motherboard..costly even for 2000 bucks....and I suspect whether the seller will be able to give u any Intel warranty, also dont know how good it's condition wud be when it reaches u..plus if something happens with the board in future, u wont get any support from Intel.
to add even the AGP is outdated now..all the new boards in market have PCI-E.

Last edited:
OP
S

san210in

Broken In
whoa.... thx aloky.... im already n my way to da temple.... so whud in ur opinion wud be the cheapest mobo/processr (intl/amd) that wud be able to accmdte a 7600/8600 card?? I hope sum1 else haz got a mobo to spare...any idea of whud model it cud be ( for my 1.7 chip that is)

whoa.... thx aloky.... im already n my way to da temple.... so whud in ur opinion wud be the cheapest mobo/processr (intl/amd) that wud be able to accmdte a 7600/8600 card?? I hope sum1 else haz got a mobo to spare...any idea of whud model it cud be ( for my 1.7 chip that is)

Make a wish...offer some bribe to God. :p ...
and u can easily find entry level motherboards in range of 3-4K which will support PCI-E..bt still no support for ur poor 478 socket processor.:D.I won't be able to give u specific model nos and names as it has been a while since I visited the narrow streets of SP road...which is the Mecca for PC hardware in Bangalore.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom