Rapidshare says bye bye to captchaRapidshare.com, the 12th most popular site [via Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
Source

Rapidshare.com, the 12th most popular site [via Alexa], and the most most popular file hosting site on the planet has finally,for the goodness of the eyes of common being, bid farewell to its notorious CAPTCHA.
This news is big owing to the status of rapidshare. They say rapidshare is a goldmine if you learn to use it wisely and efficiently. Many people prefer it over torrents and p2p apps like Limewire. Other benefit will be that we wont need magnifying lenses to spot the cat(etc) hidden somewhere in the CAPTCHA. I really had some tough time cracking the image code.
There is more.
Free users can now upload or download files upto 200 Mb in size. Though, they have limited the download speed for free users to 500 kilo bits/sec to compensate for the automated downloading that will result from removal of CAPTCHA. But again, they have eliminated waiting period between two downloads for free users.Though you will still have to see a 25 sec refractory period prior to every download if you are a free user.
Premium users can now download upto 10 GB/day[w.e.f. 26 June,2008]. If they are unable to use their allowed usage, their remaining usage is carried forward to the next day, the maximum accumulation limit being 50 Gbs.

*rs330.rapidshare.com/img2/premium_vorteile_en.jpg
I can see smiling faces.
So enjoy downloading.
Hurray….

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Re: Rapidshare says bye bye to captchaRapidshare.com, the 12th most popular site [via

But 60kBps wont please a lot of people.

apoorva84

In the zone
Re: Rapidshare says bye bye to captchaRapidshare.com, the 12th most popular site [via

^^^no wonder my download speed stayed below 60kBps....sucks man....

now that captcha is removed, i am sure the net will be flooded with hundreds of programs trying to automate the process of downloading especially for us dynamic ip users...

i guess when i really have to download a lot from rapidshare, i'll buy a single month's premium account...otherwise i'll stick to torrents...

axxo

99.9% Idle

This is great move by RS. Finally they are what I expected RS to be like. And with 750UL I can never exceed 30kbps hence the 60kbps speed limit not going to affect me. No captcha no waiting time(compared to 1hr) signifies a lot to my daily downloads.

No premium is required to enjoy the benefits now :D

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!

Great News! I could never figure out what those cats had hidden in them :(
On UL so the speed hardly matters! :D :D

utsav

damn busy...

They recently changed their captcha to a eye friendly 3d image and now they removed it in less than a week. Lol

NucleusKore

TheSaint

Good move. Anyway I have a 384 kpbs UL plan so 60 kB/sec is good enough for me :D

mastermunj

In the zone

good news... thanks for sharing..

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

I think rapidshare got sacred of other file sharing river like megashare,box,easyshare,4shared,etc...

Anyway nice move...i don need to wait for hours for next download. .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Nice move... i too hated that captcha

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

Just when I was able to spot the cat..

din

Tribal Boy

I am sure Goobi will not be very happy this time (He will miss a lot of cats :D )

Anyway, seems its a good move. It was really hard (not the latest 3D captcha, but previous ones) to figure out it.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

Sorry for offtopic question.
Can anyone tell me some proxy to d/l RS files, cause its banned in our college!!!

apoorva84

In the zone

^^^proxies dont work with rapidshare free, you will have to purchase a premium account for proxies to work mate....

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

I am sure Goobi will not be very happy this time (He will miss a lot of cats :D )

Anyway, seems its a good move. It was really hard (not the latest 3D captcha, but previous ones) to figure out it.

Don't forget Praka123 :D

din

Tribal Boy

Oh yes, Praka also like cats !

mavihs

Techie By Heart

nice news!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom