Ramazan-fasting for Muslims all over the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Ramadan (Arabic: رمضان, Ramaḍān) is an Islamic religious observance that takes place during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, when the Qur'an was revealed. The name "Ramadan" is taken from the name of this month; the word itself derived from an Arabic word for intense heat, scorched ground, and shortness of rations. It is considered the most venerated and blessed the month of the Islamic year. Prayers, sawm (fasting), charity, and self-accountability are especially stressed at this time; religious observances associated with Ramadan are kept throughout the month.
[....]
The most prominent event of this month is the daytime fasting (sawm) practiced by most observant Muslims. Every day during the month of Ramadan, Muslims around the world get up before dawn to eat and perform their fajr prayer. They break their fast when the fourth prayer of the day, Maghrib (sunset), is due.
During Ramadan, Muslims are also expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam as well as refraining from lying, stealing, anger, envy, greed, lust, sarcastic retorts, backbiting, and gossip. Obscene and irreligious sights and sounds are to be avoided; sexual activities during fasting hours is also forbidden.[Qur'an 2:187] Purity of both thought and action is important. The fast is intended to be an exacting act of deep personal worship in which Muslims seek a raised level of closeness to God. The act of fasting is said to redirect the heart away from worldly activities, its purpose being to cleanse the inner soul and free it from harm. Properly observing the fast is supposed to induce a comfortable feeling of peace and calm. It also allows Muslims to practice self-discipline, sacrifice, as well as sympathy for those who are less fortunate, intending to make Muslims more generous and charitable.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan#Fasting

So,Muslims must fast whole day.I wonder how they work without any food even water for their daily jobs. :-|
I personally does feel this when my muslim friends observe this strictly.especially sawm.
After 6.30 PM time for food,Iftar parties and pathiri's with chicken!:eek:

In my town and nearby towns,most shops will close around 6-6.30 PM these days- even non-muslims does this obligatory this month.
I read that even some non-muslims does fasting this month in malabar areas.read in newspapers.

So,just a thread to let many knows that this is fasting time (Ramalan
Sawm ) for our muslim populations.:)

azzu

AJJU
YUP iam 1 of them fastin
I really miss my frnds :(

i really miss them :((

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm.. let me tell my experience in here in Dubai/UAE. When I first came to Dubai - it was in the Holy month of Ramadan. :D

1. The offices should strictly work till 2 PM. Violation will lead to canceling trade license, fines or both.

~~ Edited ~~

Even though all this might effect non Muslims but believe me you have to live in Dubai/UAE/Saudi Arabia/Oman to expierence the festive spirit during the Holy month.

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
^^^ ur rght its kool
btw the spelling's Ramazan we call it ramzan
btw wat do u do in DUBAI ?? :D

drgrudge

I dunno if you know or not. There's no letter as "Z"/"zee" in Arabic. The word is Ramadan not Ramzan in Arabic.

azzu

AJJU
i dont know if iam wrong but there's a letter in URDU ZA
so how wud my name pronounced in ARABIC ADEEM ?? (btw my name's : Azeem)
no i think iam (iu said i think) ill consult to sum 1 today N tell ya soon
there is ZA in arabic and Urdu there are several SURAH"s consisiting of ZA's in btw
tell me if iam wrong there cud be pronouciation diff frm here to there btw thx for providing INFO :D
no worries :)

drgrudge

^^
I don't know Arabic. But from my knowledge there's no Za letter in it. I'll also see and ask some one abt it.

We're going off topic. Let's stop it here.

qadirahmed

Journeyman
its must dude.........

yes sis ur rite there is no z word in arabic........ so it call like Ramdhan or just like u said......

azzu

AJJU
at first when i was new to this forum i also thought that he is she :D but after sum time i came to know that he is no she but he is he :D
DRGRUDGE: plz change ur avatar ab kitna wait karoge woh ladki nahi aane wali
ok Qadir bhai u tell that my name is ADEEM not AZeem ?
btw during namaaz there r many surah's in which AZEEM comes
tell me if iam wrong

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
then why is the holy month called ramdan in some places and ramzan in others? it should haf a common name, rite?

@azzu
abe azzu, yeh tere siggy mein kya hai? "THE GHOST IS BACK :D"??? huh?? tu upar jaakar aa gaya kya??!! ;)

azzu

AJJU
so many pople so many belives this is wat i wanna say it may be called ramdan in some places and ramzan in sum places its not the problem but iam sayin there's a word ZA in arabic
ha anIRudh bhai main neeche agaya vahaka mohal jam nahi raha tha
btw i asked god to connect my comp to their main server (via WI-fi) so i can Enjoy high speeds To tell u there's speed's r great iam download the whole net
anIRudh bhai AAP kab araheho iam waitng

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm... i always wondered if the term ramadan is for the single day when the moon is sighted while the term ramazan is for the whole month.

why is month of hardships observed? did prohpet muhhammad (pbuh) instruct his followers to do so?

@azzu
nahi yaar, i'm also fasting. so can't travel that much. i'll come after this month! :D

azzu

AJJU
BECAUSE MOHAMMED PROPHET without taking anything inside wrote the holy book quran for whole month and a the last day it was completed so we celebrate ramzan on the 29th or 30th of ramzan.
@anIRudh:ur fasting?!?!?
so after the month
btw god told me that the my connection (wifi) will end with ramzan u must cum then :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
oh ok, i didn't kno about that. so you ppl fast to get a taste of the hardships faced by prophet muhammed faced?

@azzu
its ok pal, anyways you are downloading the content of the whole of the net na!! ?? :D

casanova

The Frozen Nova
There aren't many words in Arabic. For eg. pepsi is called as bebsi and my surname Patel is Batel (P.S it is tel as in oil and not shorter version of telephone).

BTW, Azzu, so even Parvez is written in Arabic as Barvez.

There is zoy in arabic that might be used for your name.

It is ramadan in arabic as it used the letter duad instead of z.

azzu

AJJU
yup ur rght casanova there's ZOY in arabic and it's called as ramadan but many in india call it ramazan that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom