RAM troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskal00

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
Recently i bought a Transend 512Mb DDR RAM @ 400 Mhz from my vendor and added it to my existing Hynix 512Mb DDR PC266 (Thats what the label said)

Now i am having regular Blue Screen Of Deaths, Is my new Ram compatible with my old one? or is there some other issues, should i return it back to my vendor??

THANX IN ADVANCE

I can barely post something online from my computer, i am posting this from cyber cafe :x

Are these 2 Rams compaitible?:confused:

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Download this software
*www.hwinfo.com/html/download32.html :)

Use only your old RAM first
Boot the PC
After installing the software, run the test
This will show you what Model of RAM are you using along with all the technical details

Compare this with the new RAM
Post the results

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
ya i guess u r using intel p4 and two different RAM's giving problem..
do hadware check...using any tool and repair software...
u ll get to know where is problem..
if didnt found any then take it to ur vendor

OP
R

raskal00

Thanks for the reply guys

@joey_182

the Hynix ram which i am using is from my old P4 system, currently i am using both DDR rams on my AMD 64 bit 3200+ in Dual Channel mode

@techtronic

Well i installed that app , and i have taken some screen shots, may be this will help

Main Window- Details Of System memory
*img264.imageshack.us/img264/199/ss1wg4.th.jpg

Hynix Ram Window

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/779/ss2oldcardli8.th.jpg

Transcend Ram

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/8960/ss3newramuu5.th.jpg

I m using these 2 rams in Dual Channel mode, Is that the problem??

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Buddy,your old Hynix RAM has a speed of 133 Mhz but your New Transcend has a speed of 200 Mhz

I had this problem when I used PC 100 and PC 133 SD RAM :mad:

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
r they realy running in dual channel mode because as per me they should not. Btw run them in single channel mode

OP
R

raskal00

@techtronic
So you had this problem??, so what did u do?

@nishant_nms
Well it seems that i can boot my PC in dual chanel mode , but cannot sustain it for long time...

So should i go back to my vendor and Buy a second trancsend 512Mb DDR ram @ 400Mhz (thats what the label reads) and put both these new transcends in dual channel mode and
then will i be able to use the old hynix 512MB DDR Ram in the 3rd slot as single channel?
will that clear up the compatiblity problem..

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
Dump the hynix... get another transcend 400MHz. Else the other option is go into the bios and check if there's a 266MHz (might be written 133 as well) divider. If so change the divider to 266 and also make the timings 3-3-3. I think that should fix the crashes.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
raskal00 said:
@techtronic
So you had this problem??, so what did u do?

@nishant_nms
Well it seems that i can boot my PC in dual chanel mode , but cannot sustain it for long time...

So should i go back to my vendor and Buy a second trancsend 512Mb DDR ram @ 400Mhz (thats what the label reads) and put both these new transcends in dual channel mode and
then will i be able to use the old hynix 512MB DDR Ram in the 3rd slot as single channel?
will that clear up the compatiblity problem..

Luckily one of my friends as planning to buy PC 133, I sold it to him and bought PC 100 :cool:

OP
R

raskal00

Ch@0s said:
Dump the hynix... get another transcend 400MHz. Else the other option is go into the bios and check if there's a 266MHz (might be written 133 as well) divider. If so change the divider to 266 and also make the timings 3-3-3. I think that should fix the crashes.

How should i make the timings to 3-3-3

I am new to these stuff , plz help

My internet was down all these days :( ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom