RAM RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I had 128 Mb PC133MHz RAM on a VIA V845SX Motherboard with a P4 1.7GHz processor and ran XP Pro SP2. I decided to add more RAM and got another RAM of similar configuration but of different company. I put them together and the problem began. My computer started freezing a lot. BSODs on XP saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA repeated. I reinstalled XP but in vain. I downloaded Memtest which either showed errors or just hung.........

I tried Memtest on individual RAMs at their respective slots and they do not show errors. They show errors only when they are together. I tried putting them in different slots but in vain. Is there any way to rectify this?? Maybe some motherboard setting or something..............

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hm

same prob ith me . you need to check the ram modules maybe they are not compatible.check em with mem test with dff memory ..

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
ram nam sattya hai !!!! anyway u should clear cmos.then try to force the rams manualy to run at a perticuler speed rather than running them with auto settings in bios

Charley

Just Do It
Re: hm

sagsall4u said:
same prob ith me . you need to check the ram modules maybe they are not compatible.check em with mem test with dff memory ..

What is the mode of inserting RAM modules in a PC.....

:?:

D

Deleted member 5901

Re: hm

achacko@dataone.in said:
sagsall4u said:

What is the mode of inserting RAM modules in a PC.....

:?:

:arrow: Remove the already installed RAM module then insert the RAM that is smaller in SIZE or slower in speed in the 1st Slot then the next then so on and so forth !!!

Now u should not face any problems unless u will hav to cange ur jumper settings on ur board !!

Cheers !!! :wink: :!:

D

Deleted member 5901

achacko@dataone.in said:
Not with that jumper setting again .... I had a head ache finding that out.....

Check the book that u should have got with ur MOBO !!!

CHeers !! :wink: :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom