RAM query

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
hi guys,
i want to upgrade my ram.i hav ddr ram.cud u suggest names of RAM manufacturers,who give good quality,reliability..cud u giv names of shops in delhi:nehru place.
tx

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The best is Corsair but insanely priced
Next in Kingston
Kingmax is also good
Transent is also costly. but good performer
Hynix is a low budget nd decent perfomance(for the price)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Corsair->transend->kingston->Hynix

Thats in terms of performance. I have Kingston ddr 400 RAM and works like a charm.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hi everybody,well cud somebdy tel me if i can put 128DDR ram stick and 256DDR ram stick in another module without any hasseles..reply awaited.tx

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
krisjr...u have asked this or a variation of this so many times man! whats up with that!! Anyways yes you can combne two RAM od different sizes. They can be of different frequency only that both will run on the lowest frequency of the two. No you cannot comdine SD RAM and DDR RAM or DDR2 RAM or RD RAM. I hope this answers ur queries.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
@icecoolz:ya i asked cuz i dont know much abt hardware stuff.now tat u hav enlightened me,am cool..wats wrong in asking something which u dont know..

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Delpiero said:
If crucial is available in india go for it, it's the best. Otherwise corsair is great option.
Hey what the hell is crucial ?
I mean I have never heard of it ever !!!

theraven

Technomancer
dun pay any attention to that im quite sure the psoter was a lil confused himself !!

ive said it before ill say it again
i think kingston gives good value for money

check ur mobo manual to see if it supports ddr 400 and dual channel memory first ...
the frequency of DDR ram ur mobo supports will affect ur buying decision as rams come in different frequency ( most commonly 266, 333 and 400 mhz for ddr)
or give ur mobo model n make here

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hi
@raven:its 266mhz type.stil the mobos details are as such...
ECS P4VMM2 7.3 socket 478..my question was since its 266 type DDR,do i have to put only 266 type or can i put 333 type also which will run at 266.

theraven

Technomancer
u can put in 333 but they'll work @ 266 so whats the point ?
:p
either ways ur options are open ..
ull save a couple o hundred bucks maybe ...
u can still do a lot in a 100 :D

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
well i just posted in the hardware section about a weird prob.its something related to RAM fault,tats wat the other members r saying...is tat an issue,if u put 2 ram sticks of diff frequencies,ten it might create probs later..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom