RAM problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotyard

Right off the assembly line
hi everyone, i have a mobo that supports 4gb ram. i currently have a jet transcend 512mb 533mhz ram. i want to add another 512 ram stick........but the exact same ram is not available.....there is a ram by dynaset which is of 533mhz.....but the problem here is "dynaset"............. else another ram by jet transcend 512mb 667 mhz is available.........which one should i go for......? is the speed of the ram necessary to be equal? i.e. 533 mhz. will there be ant conflicts and slow system performance if i go for transcend 667mhz ram?????? please reply fast as i plan to buy tommorow.......thank you.

OP
S

scotyard

Right off the assembly line
yes sir mr. user name but the jet transcend 512 mb 533 ram stick is not available at least in my area. and i don't want to go out of my area to buy.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Scot,

U can easily go to Transcend dealer shop in Rd and get it from the original dealers named "Mediaman", only go for RAM sticks wich are from the same company..

Cheers n e-peace...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I guess he mean Laimington RD....i guess :D

I suggest instead sell of ur existing ram and go for two sticks of same speed and company...will serve u better and give u better speed.......

knwing just speeds ( 533Mhz/ 667Mhz ) is not enough if u plan to buy just one stick for ur existing RAM....u should laso know latency timmings...which are usually 3-3-3 or 2.5-3-3 etc usually written on ram...note that also while buying a identical ram......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom