Status
Not open for further replies.
I have intel(R) 82845G motherboard and intel P4 processor1.7Ghz. My memory is 128Mb SD ram 133 Mhz freq. Now I bought another 256Mb sd ram and after installing it in the second ram slot my bios shows it got total ram of 382mb ram. But when I start my computer it comes to the desktop and restart or showing error message. I use XP pro.
The error message is as following..

If this is the first time.....follow the steps.....
check u have adequate disk space.If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacture for driver updates. try changing video adapters.
check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory Options such as caching or shadowing. If u need to use safe mode to remove or disable components press F8......
Tech info

STOP: 0*0000008E(0*C0000005, *00000000, 0*F7C2C968, 0*00000000)
Now suggest me what to do? Is it something that my system got problem with the new ram or what? because my system is working fine with my old RAM. Thank u.

phatratt

In the zone
if u have install two ram with different frequency,such problem mite come up.install ram which has same frequency irrespective of size.

It could be that u'r new ram stick could be faulty or the the ram slot on the mobo.

nil_3

In the zone
Please check whether your system is properly booting and stable(by running heavy memory-consuming apps) by using only the new RAM. Also try changing the slots in your MoBo.

spyder

Broken In
Yes check your system with only the new RAM.
Also we generally keep larger capacity RAMs in first slot.Check if it helps.
Otherwise the new RAM is faulty.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Check these:-
1.Are both Rams working alone?
2.Check their timings and frequenceis.
3.Please make sure that you have latest Bios update for your Motherboard.
4.Are Ram chips properly inserted or is something hindering??
5.And finally from bios choose the default optimum settings and then exit.

does this helped??

OP
T

tanmoy_rajguru2005

Journeyman
mayanksharma said:
Check these:-
1.Are both Rams working alone?
2.Check their timings and frequenceis.
3.Please make sure that you have latest Bios update for your Motherboard.
4.Are Ram chips properly inserted or is something hindering??
5.And finally from bios choose the default optimum settings and then exit.

does this helped??
1. i was succesful to install win98 with the new ram but with lots of trouble and could not install XP. It restarts when i try to upgrade to win xp after finishing copying files.
2.their frequencies r same i dunno about timing
3. Where to find BIOS updates? can u please give me the link? is it free?
my BIOS version is: LY84510A.86A.0011.P05
4.yes they r properly installed
5.will I did it but nothing :cry:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
You can download the latest update from Intel.com itself and yes they are free.
Lastly you can check timings from bios itself by selecting your modules there.

And by the way,i think if it is under warranty then you should immediately replace it soon with another one.
I think it seems to be damaged.Have you checked it on ur friend's pc?? Is it working there?If yes,then go upgrade your bios. May it can help!

tell me what happened?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
i wud not suggest upgrading bios for just a ram problem.
and do u really think bios version makes a difference as it is reporting the ram details correctly.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
1. i was succesful to install win98 with the new ram but with lots of trouble and could not install XP. It restarts when i try to upgrade to win xp after finishing copying files.
Hmm... Win 98 is usually the best OS which can be used to test if a RAM module is good or not as it's not as stable as XP. But yes, if you can't even install XP straight, then its time to test the RAM module.

1. Boot your PC with only the NEW ram module inserted. This is what we want to test for errors.

2. Download memtest86 from here. You can also use Windows memory diagnostic.

3. Create a bootable CD or floppy of the downloaded software using the method described in their websites (They are basically ISO files. So just burn them using Nero).

4. Boot your PC, make your CD/floppy drive the first boot device and boot from the mem. diagnostic CD/floppy you created.

5. The software will test the RAM and display any errors.

If it reports even ONE error, then go to the RAm dealer and get the module replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom