RAM Problem Part-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek506

Right off the assembly line
Hi!
ya its me the one who had ram problem
{I hav P4 2.4gz, intel 845gvad2 mother board,earlier i had 384 MB of ram one of 256Mb and another of 128Mb. and now i hav installed a new RAM of 512MB instead of my 128MB ram keeping 256 MB along. But my Motherboard detects only 512Mb of ram and not that of 256 mb, although both RAm are PC3200(200MHz).
PLease help how can i use both the ram?????}
Remember.
I hav been trying to get ride of this problem but this is lot bigger than i 1st saw at it.
its like this:
when i put my 256MB Ram in slot 1 and removing 512Mb ram computer booted and worked fine, but if i put this 256Mb ram in slot 2 leaving slot 1empty computer doesn't boot and end up beeping.
But if i remove 256mb Ram and put back 512mb ram in slot 1 leaving slot 2 empty it boots and works fine,and if i put this 512mb ram in slot 2 leaving slot 1 empty it also boots and worked fine unlike above.
:confused:
And if i use both the rams 512in slot 1 and another one in slot 2, it boots but only shows only 512mb ram.
but using both the rams 256mb in slot 1 and another 512 in slot 2, it boots showing 256mb ram.
So thats it Please please help this thing is really hell!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Why start another thread? You should have just posted this as a continuation of the first thread. As it is, I had already posted a reply to the first thread when I saw this one.

Anyway, unless someone can come up with a known quirk of this mobo model, the problem is an unusual one. You seem to have gone about this in a logical manner, and your mobo seems to show a preference for Slot 1 and the 512MB stick.

The only thing I can think of right now is that there may be some BIOS setting that makes it behave this way. I suggest clearing the BIOS and boot again without manually setting anything except the date and time. Also, have you checked the CMOS battery? A low battery can cause all kinds of weird symptoms.

ADDED LATER: I've replied your visitor message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom