RAM problem or Hard Drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthacker

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ motherboard and 2 512MB Ram Modules and a Seagate 80 GB Hard Drive. Recently, I have been facing a very peculiar problem. While I am playing a game, after sometime the audio Halts..not that the audio stops playing but the sonud wich was playing at that time kind of "hangs" and keeps on playing forever..but the game keeps running..but as I try to exit the game..the PC hangs on the Loading.. screen and i have to reset. I thought my soundcard might be having problems so I replaced my Crystal soundcard with a Yamaha soundcard. But again the same thing happened, then I downloaded the latest drivers for both sound and display but the problem still persists. Even sometimes when I am using windows, the program windows start to hang one by one and then after i click a few times a continuous BEEP sound comes from my CPU until i reset it.

Please help me in identifying this problem as I am very "wehla" these dyas and want to play games!! :p

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
i had also these problems earlier..but it was a hard disk problem..my hard disk had bad sector..so the system hanged after a while...you may run the disk chkng tool to diagnostic the hard disk whether there is a bad sector.

if thats not the problem..then it will be ur ram.is the speed of the two modules of ram equal.if it isn't then there will be problems with the low speed ram. work with one ram at a time and check them .
also check the ram by putting it in ur friends computer and working for a while...if problem occurs then its ur ram.

hope ur problem is solved soon

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
The game is fully supported...and i check by using one RAM at a time and the PC works fine..so i m guessing that its the RAM, but its the same RAM which i hv been using for the past 2 years...how can this suddenly happen?? :-(

i checked the Hard Drive for Bad Sectors and it shows 0 KB in Bad Sectors after all 3 chkdsk stages.

please tell me can there be a problem with my RAM Slot??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom