RAM Prices All Time Low!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends,

This is not much of a news but it gave me a surprise. I am from New Delhi and RAM prices here have fallen very deep this week. Just 1 hour ago, i upgraded my acer laptop's ram to Kingston 1GB 667 MHZ DDR-2 RAM for Rs 1500 Flat!
2 months ago, when i checked the prices the dealears it was Rs 4200 for the same! Desktop memory is also going low as Rs 900-1100 for the same config for desktops.

I thought may be its useful for some people.

Thanks!

din

Tribal Boy
WOW

I knew that the prices going down. But never knew this much low. Rs.1000 for Kingston 1 GB for desktop ? Please confirm. If thats true, thats really cool.

JharuPochaBai

Curvaceous Cutie
You guys in India still use that filthy garbage? The OCZ reaper isn't available or what? The ones clocked at 1142?

Sad.........really sad.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
JharuPochaBai said:
You guys in India still use that filthy garbage? The OCZ reaper isn't available or what? The ones clocked at 1142?

Sad.........really sad.
We are not using garbage.For using that we must should have supported motherboard.

Here we are talking about upgrading RAM..on our old PC.

I may not have accurate information, i'm sorry. But the value ram series from Kingston is selling at ultra low price. You'll be able to buy between Rs 1000-1200. These prices vary on dealer by dealer basis.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Third Eye said:
1 GB for just 900-1000 :eek:

Please confirm

I wil buy 2X1GB RAM if this is true.
ohh..got it.Its DDR2 price.

But dont buy local brand RAM .Prefer only branded RAM like kingston, hynix or transcends.

Yaar whats there to fight like that? That filthy garbage etc stuff. I'm just giving an information. I have buyed it from Digital IT Solutions ,Nehru place. Its a laptop memory module, i repeat, its a DDR-2 667 MHZ Kingston 1 GB module for 1500 RS. You can confirm it from dealer, ph 01126285712. I am not very sure about desktop prices but they are mostly less then notebook ram prices, dont they? Please correct me if i am wrong. And also please note its from the ValueRAM series from kingston.

JharuPochaBai

Curvaceous Cutie
ravi_9793 said:
We are not using garbage.For using that we must should have supported motherboard.

Here we are talking about upgrading RAM..on our old PC.

Alright alright bro, shanti. I meant, why aren't people buying the fastest
ram around instead of these makes?

When 1142/1100/800 Mhz are available, with the latter coming at very
reasonable prices, why opt for these?

Does it make sense to save 1000 and get that same rotten performance?
That's what I was wondering.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
JharuPochaBai said:
Alright alright bro, shanti. I meant, why aren't people buying the fastest
ram around instead of these makes?

When 1142/1100/800 Mhz are available, with the latter coming at very
reasonable prices, why opt for these?

Does it make sense to save 1000 and get that same rotten performance?
That's what I was wondering.
People buying new PC must be buying fast RAM..if they are not wrongly guided by vendors.

I have a old acer laptop that supports only 400 MHZ module. I am even running the 667 MHZ in 400 MHZcompatibility mode. Whats the point of higher speed for ppl like me? I told this just to let those people know who really need this kind of memory modules. If you have a new high performance rig that can afford higher speeds, then go ahead and buy. Then, This post is not for you buddy. Ok. No Offences :)

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont think this is true.. I havent seen the new low prices newhere.. Btw krazy u said that u upgraded ur ram to 1gb.. Did u exchange the old module for the new one 4 1.5k??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom