Ram porblem ! Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello frnds
I have 256 mb ram in my system.
I am saving money from 1 years to buy a 512mb RAM and make my system's RAm 756MB .But one of my frnds told me that having 2 rams with different space makes the system too slow.I am confused.SO i thought to get my question answered by experts.

Plz help me!

Also tell me which company's RAM will be best and come under my budget(RS 2700)

Thanks in advance :!:

shashank4u

Youngling
no yr friend is absolutely wrong..
but make sure that yr new 512 stick has the same frequency of yr 256 ram stick..
if possible prefer same brand and frequency..
it will have best compatibility and speed..
for me kingston is best ..

shashank4u

Youngling
frequency is ram speed it come in ..ddr400 means..
clock speed/frequency of 400 million clock cycles per second
333mhz
400mhz.
check yr previous ram...
there must be some code on it..like xxx400xx or xxx333xx
hope you understand..

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
You do not have to remove the 256 memory module. It is perfectly fine if you use two different size memory modules in both slots. If you use 512MB in slot A and 256MB in slot B, the System should recognize 768MB installed. You can use 128MB, 256MB, 512MB or 1GB modules in each slot.

By frequency we mean if you ur existind RAM module is (say) PC2700 (333MHz) then ur new stick shud of same frequency-> 333MHz..

Got it...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
But one of my frnds told me that having 2 rams with different space makes the system too slow

By this u meant diff memory value ram sticks or diff frequency ram sticks???

Either way u can use ur ram sticks......if it has diff frequency then u can use it but both will run at minimum speed of the ram on mobo.....means if u have 333Mhz and 400 Mhz ram it will run at 333Mhz.....

And there is no such thing with diff memory value ram,....u can use any combination......it will be added .....

BTW what freq ram u have??? To know abt it use CPU-Z
CPU-Z

Pathik

Google Bot
yup its safe to use ram sticks of diff freqs but the combo ll run @ the lower freq of the two....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom