RAM OR PROESSER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashisharya

In the zone
I am planning to upgrade my computer? I have Intel Pentium 3 733 Mhz and 256 SD RAM. I am confused should I upgrade my processer or RAM?

anomit

In the zone
If you plan to upgrade to P4, which is a must, you have to change verything you have. You would need a new motherboard for the P4, a more powerful power supply(recommended 350W) and DDR RAM instead of SD RAM.

Pls be a little bit more specific so as to help you

Nimda

l33t n00b!
If you upgrade your RAM to 512Mb, then you'll get a performance boost of about 10-15%. On the other hand, if you upgrade your Processor to P4, buy a new mobo and get DDR RAM, then the performance boost will be huuuge. Depends on how much more performance you want. If games are running slow, then upgrading the Proc, mobo, RAM and Graphics card is recommended.

D

Deleted member 5901

Consider an upgrade to P4 and if u wanna sell RAM contact ME !!! i Would like to BUY AND even ur Board Depnding on it being an INTEL Original AND IT HAS AN 4x AGP SLOT !!! WHICH IS A MUST !!!

Coz i gota P3 and an AMD Athlon64 3000+

So the P3 Is mainly used Fpor testing New SOftwares(TRAILS,SHAREWARES,FREEWARES & Not forgetting Linux !!!) !!!

Cheers !!!!

V

vishal_bhatia87

You need to upgrade everything. Motherboard, Processor, Ram etc.

Go for :
Intel 915 Chipset
P4 3.2 Ghz Extreme Edition Processor
512 MB DDR Dual Channel 400 Mhz Ram
400 Watts Power supply

In Addition :
80 GB Sata 150 MB/Sec. Hard disk drive.
16x Dual Layer DVD writer

q3_abhi

Youngling
Yes, Go for a complete system upgrade. This will boost ur performance. U may keep ur SD RAM 4 sell in Hardware section. Many people r willing 2 buy SD RAM.

expertno.1

Technomancer
u should ugrade ur full system nad if want to remain ur system as p3 then u should get ram coz many games and appz have their requirements for rammand less for processors

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Pls dont go for Intel.It will suck your money.U can get AMD for more cheaper and outperforms Intel.
Goto www.techtree.com and u will know everything.Check out buying guides there.

Ok since u have taken decision to upgrade go for this
CPU : AMD Sempron 2400 (Rs 2800)
MOBO : ASUS A7V400 -MX (Rs 2700)
Transcend 400Mhz 2x256MB Ram (Rs 2800)

This will do it for you.
and also post your queries in www.chip-india.com about upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom