RAM in Dual Channel Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys i jus wanna ask tat how can 2 RAM modules be fitted onto the RAM slot so tat they work in DUAL CHANNEL MODE?? I hv 4 RAM slots and im planning to buy 2*512 MB DDR (400) SD RAM from Transcend. My mobo is D865 GBF (intel).

Shud i jus Fit in those 2 RAM modules into the RAM slots and the Motharboard will detect it in DUAL CHANNEL MODE automatically or will i hv to set sum parameters from BIOS ?? :? Please help as never does this b4...

ALso how can i increase my FSB.My mobo can support FSB upto 800Mhz and currently my FSB is 400 Mhz.

Cheers n e-peace...

G

gxsaurav

Install them in the alternate slots, like if u install one module in slot 1 then the 2nd one should be in slot 3

paraman

Journeyman
Aren't the RAM slots in your mobo color coded? Usually they are. Please check. Insert the RAM sticks in the 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th slot.

Also us a small utility named 'CpuZ' to check whether RAM is running in dual channel mode. You can even see it when the pc boots.

choudang

Padawan
to use dual ch RAM setting.. the ram modules should be same chip, size and speed. if you have 4 RAM slots .. just identify as below ..

A0 =============
A1 =============

B0 =============
B1 =============

1st two RAM modules on A0 and B0 and 2nd two modules on A1 and B1. if your mobo supports dual ch config, just go to the bios menu after putting the RAM modules as stated .. you will see that RAM configurstion displays dual ch mode. somewhere i read that best dual ch config is e.g. 2*512[A0/B0] & 2*256[A1/B1]

you cann't increase the FSB by youself.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey thanx gxsaurav,paraman and warrior I will insert my 2*512 MB DDR(400) SD RAM modules onto alternate slots 1 and 3. :)

But in my mobo manual,its not mentioned whether my mobo (Original Intel D865 GBF) supports RAM in DUAL CHANNEL MODE or not :? Its only written tat it supports DDR 400,333 and 266.

And my RAM SLOTS are not color coded.. ther are of the same color (black i guess) :?

Do u guys hv any idea wheter or not my mobo will support DUAL CHANNEL MODE for my RAM ???
ALso how can i increase my FSB (my mobo supports FSB upto 800 Mhz and currently its 400 Mhz)

Chers n e-peace

paraman

Journeyman
When your RAM is running at 400MHz it means a FSB of 800MHz i.e. 400x2. And yes, your mobo supports Dual channel RAM. You can find more info about your mobo at *developer.intel.com/products/motherboard/d865gbf/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom