RAM backward compatiability

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy0x

In the zone
What will happen if i try to use my 256 DDR RAM of speed 266 with a DDR RAM of different RAM different speed ..say 256/512 MB DDR speed=677 or 256/512 MB DDR speed=533 or any other speed. I have head about RAM's backward compatiability , does it mean that if i try to run my RAM of speed 266 with any RAM of greater speed both will run at the lowest speed i.e 266 ??
Also if i want to use the 256 MB speed 266 with a RAM of greater speed,is there any limit the higher RAM should have, say it should not be above 677 or something like that?

*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah both will run at the least level of speed. Most of the times problems occur while doing so. But I don't know of a limit other than the one set by your motherboard.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
anarchy0x said:
What will happen if i try to use my 256 DDR RAM of speed 266 with a DDR RAM of different RAM different speed ..say 256/512 MB DDR speed=677 or 256/512 MB DDR speed=533 or any other speed. I have head about RAM's backward compatiability , does it mean that if i try to run my RAM of speed 266 with any RAM of greater speed both will run at the lowest speed i.e 266 ??

=>>> YES

anarchy0x said:
Also if i want to use the 256 MB speed 266 with a RAM of greater speed,is there any limit the higher RAM should have, say it should not be above 677 or something like that?
anarchy0x said:
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341

I do not thing that will matter

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
QwertyManiac said:
Yeah both will run at the least level of speed. Most of the times problems occur while doing so. But I don't know of a limit other than the one set by your motherboard.

My MOBO is intel 865 GBF
thanks both of u 4 replying

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
ty ..best of luck lol
i think it' ll run fine & if u do encounrter problems that ll b very occassionally but i dont think u ll get any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom