Radiohead's latest "In Rainbows" Album can be downloaded for free legally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorva84

In the zone
go to

*www.inrainbows.com/Store/index2.html

thats the official site fro their new album...you can pay anything you want or just put 0 as the amount and you can download their album immediately...mp3 160kbps...

perfectly legal..

you can contribute if you like the band /album...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
What a booooring album!!!Except NUDE every song was bad.This critic's baby deserves nothing.

OP
A

apoorva84

In the zone
OK Computer is their best album till date....but i appreciate radiohead for snubbing the big 4 record labels and letting listeners pay what they want for their music...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
apoorva84 said:
OK Computer is their best album till date....but i appreciate radiohead for snubbing the big 4 record labels and letting listeners pay what they want for their music...
I can never get what their lyrics mean. Even if you take all the lines of lyrics in the album, randomly arrange all the lines and divide it into 10 parts the yrics will be as meaningful as its now. Radiohead fans will scream that its actually deep,but deep is something which should have an impact on you. Not that you waste hours trying to figure out the meaning. Thats puzzle solving. :))

Having said that, I do like their first single(Creep) and later two albums (The Bends and OK Computer). But they should've stopped experimenting their. I like the band ,but not their music direction.

hash!!

________
well, i beg to differ... their songs do have meaning, in a vague way, but yes, their songs do mean a lot... theres trivia behind their songs and albums too...
bands like coldplay, travis, etc have pretty much sprouted up on radiohead's influence...
the best thing about radiohead is that they arent half as commercial as the million dumb money making bands... and radiohead's music is strictly experimental... they have brilliant sounds in each album... you should try pablo honey and kid A... for me Kid A's the best album ever...
as for in rainbows, i like the album... i loved faust, house of cards and reckoner... the rest of the album's great too...
but it all depends on your taste...
about them stopping their experimentation after ok computer, i think thats just dumb, cause they make music, and if they stick to a signature sound like all the bands, they'l lose their novelty... if they had stuck to the same sounds, i'd hate them... they didnt, hence i love them...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hash!! said:
well, i beg to differ... their songs do have meaning, in a vague way, but yes, their songs do mean a lot... theres trivia behind their songs and albums too...
bands like coldplay, travis, etc have pretty much sprouted up on radiohead's influence...
the best thing about radiohead is that they arent half as commercial as the million dumb money making bands... and radiohead's music is strictly experimental... they have brilliant sounds in each album... you should try pablo honey and kid A... for me Kid A's the best album ever...
as for in rainbows, i like the album... i loved faust, house of cards and reckoner... the rest of the album's great too...
but it all depends on your taste...
about them stopping their experimentation after ok computer, i think thats just dumb, cause they make music, and if they stick to a signature sound like all the bands, they'l lose their novelty... if they had stuck to the same sounds, i'd hate them... they didnt, hence i love them...
Yeah there are many bands who just make music for the sake of hobby. While others just release album after album to make some bucks.

can someone provide me a torrent/direct download link for this album?

this was OLD news at hydrogenaudio forums. I tried to download it through the offitial way, but its toooo long.

PS: I think they should have given lossless WavPack/FLAC download via torrent. MP3 160 kbps is too poor in quality. VorbisAoTuV b5/MusePack/Nero AAC/wmaPro would also have been good alternatives to MP3. they are much better sounding than MP3 at that bitrate.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
dude dont u know sites to dload this album ?
torrentspy/thepiratebay

256k and 320k are better in mp3 format

hash!!

________
eggman said:
CAn you explain what 15 step is all about,in some vague way?

haha... i knew that was comin... anyway, in my defence, i'd like to cite the example of alll the songs you've ever heard, atleast most of them....
its not very often that a band actually gives out the reason behind a song... no poet gives a summary or explanation of his poem.... its for the reader to comprehend... unless ofcourse, he/she has composed it for a special event or occasion... thats commonsense dude, and you've pretty much managed to come up with the most cliched question to my argument...
and if it soothes you, i'l say that i dont really know what they intend to say through their song 15 step or any other song... i choose not to... you could google if you're that curious, you'l get a million explanations by their fans, but none by them...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I always thought Radiohead as a talented band. The Bends and OK Computer are my two FAvorite album ever. . But thats it.
Lyrics like this :Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon or computerized effects used in Kid A, are way too much.
How ironic is that now their music rely heavily on Technology,which was mainly criticized in OK Computer. I hope they should come back to Their ROCK form, not the electronic form they evolved into.Now that its hard to get their songs, everything they do is supposed to be great.

I just don't hear Fake Plastic Tree or Karma Police from them,any more Only whinning songs about.........lemons:(.

Last edited:

hash!!

________
hah.... i love everything in its right place... for me its the whole transition between dream and reality... and i partly derive that for the fact that it was in vanilla sky... and again, songs with twisted meanings in lyrics are a lot better than straight lyrics... i mean thats what differenciates led zep from james blunt.... and draws a clear line between the doors and the backstreet boys...
and about using electronic sounds, well, everyone does that... drum loops, different rhythms and tones... its just that radiohead puts in absolutely out of the world sounds in their music, and thats what makes them stand out, and 'tower above the rest'

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
hash!! said:
songs with twisted meanings in lyrics are a lot better than straight lyrics
Yup. But not better than something which is meaningless,which Radiohead's song seems to me.Abstract lyrics.Being different(Which Radiohead is) doesn't mean its better.I can't stand Kid A (Except for Idioteque) and Amnesic. If it wasn't Radiohead(and of course the cool-hip-wanna-be-Bandwagon-jumper fans) , it would've been forgotten as a joke.
No offense, but even KT Tunstall has more appealing lyrics in her songs than Thom does.I can't suck lemon anymore.In Rainbows, however is better than(musically,not lyrically) last 3 albums.

Last edited:

hash!!

________
eggman said:
Yup. But not better than something which is meaningless,which Radiohead's song seems to me.Abstract lyrics.Being different(Which Radiohead is) doesn't mean its better.I can't stand Kid A (Except for Idioteque) and Amnesic.
No offense, but even KT Tunstall has more appealing lyrics in her songs than Thom does.I can't suck lemon anymore.In Rainbows, however is better than(musically,not lyrically) last 3 albums.

hahahaaa... dude... kt tunstall??
wow... thats a first...
dude... get your genres right...
radiohead = rock
sandi thom = rock
kt tunstall (hahaa) = pop

pop music = popular music... and well, whats popular has to have common appeal...
like wow... you cant possibly compare pop to rock, bro...
i mean pop music is good too and enjoyable, but well, rock, is on a totally different level...
hahahhaaa... and well, lyrically, i now understand your inclinatination towards understanding lyrics of the songs you listen to... you're a pop fan tryin to accustom yourself with legendary rock bands...
again, get your genres right.... geez... kt tunstall....

If it wasn't Radiohead(and of course the cool-hip-wanna-be-Bandwagon-jumper fans) , it would've been forgotten as a joke.
sure dude... radiohead would've been forgotten... just like floyd... trust me... this is the stuff your kids are gonna talk of as classic rock... just like we talk of zep and floyd....
and trust me... the so called cool-hip-wanna-be-bandwagon-jumper fans (reaaally dunno what you mean by that long inexplicable rant), yeah so whatever you mean, if radiohead made music for the hip and wannabes, their success would be ten fold today, they wouldnt have brought out a pay-if-you-please album, and they'd be playin cheesy riff laden songs that would've reminded you of their other 30-40 commercial albums, with the same darn sound.... i guess you'd rather go with that... sigh... what a conformist... you should keep on with your tunstall, after all, her lyrics have meaning like a-b-c... hahahhaaaaa

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I knew that will come when I mentioned KT. I don't think you got why I mentioned such an unrelated artist as K T Tunstall and not Floyd or Beatles.I'm not comparing Radiohead with KT Tunstall, that'll be the last thing I'll do.I'm just telling that Thom's songwriting is quite ..well....... non-existent. Throughout their Whole whole 7 albums, there's hardly any song whose lyrics really striked me as great. Many of their songs did, but never their lyrics(Except Maybe HIGH AND DRYand FAKE PLASTIC TREE). But that's ok until their lyrics started to get meaningless.I do consider lyrics to be a very imp part and if its not good, turns me off.

Radiohead don't strike me anymore as a Rock band. They almost forgot their guitar In Kid A and Amnesic, and used electronic beats way too much.They're more of a electronic music band, than Rock nowadays.Thankgod HTTT had some.
But anyway, you may sure like them,and I may think they've lost it After OK. But that's OK(forgive the pun).We're two different person having different music taste. So there's nothing to debate .I'm going back to White Album.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom