Racing Games :Which and will they run....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shalu_Sharma

Hello I am a racing game fan (But I like Sims more).

Can anyone suggest me good racing games in budget (No more then 1500 rs.)

And they must be playable in my config.

Intel 865 MB.
256 MB ram.
80 GB hdd.
Ac97 onboard audio.

## And PLZ dont suggest to upgrade. I am not in a situation to upgrade. Hope I will get a reply soon. ##

I have seen s18000rpm mentioning game like CMR 05, and F1 and RBR.
Will they run on my PC with playable FPS.
Or atleast name their older version which will run.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
that config is good enough to play most of the games at low settings if you have updated driver for your VGA

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
CMR05, F1C ('99-'02 Challenge) will run for sure without any hick-ups :D

F1C will run at even 1024*760 resolutioin :D

NFS MW will have usual hickups every now & then one has to wait for 5 minutes when game/race/safe house loads.:))

RBR will have some FPS issues:( (256RAM)
btw RBR is a game i'll not recommend, unless you're a hardcore WRC & Sim. fan & yes you'll need a Steering Wheel to enjoy this game. (gamepad wont be enuf, trust me:)))

other soft sim. racers are NFS Porsche Unleashed (NFS PU), really nice game, imo the BEST NFS title so far.

you can also try Live For Speed

F1 - ~Rs.500/-
NFS PU - ~Rs.500/-
CMR05 - ~hard to find:(
RBR - same, hard to find.
NFS MW - ~Rs. 1200

Goten

Banned
Actuallly running games at low settings doesnt give u the rush n feel of that game.

Its better if u opt for Need For Speed:Underground 1 n 2.

CMR05 may run fine on ur pc n same goes for F1.

Peace~~~!

OP
S

Shalu_Sharma

So I am going to buy
CMR05
NFS PU
and F1

and
I will get
RBR and
NFS MW (I have sources. :grin: And a unlimited connection too.)

Are there any more Racing games.
Do anyone played Safari Biatholon.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
you'll have really bad time with RBR & NFS MW.

each game's brilliant, but playing them on 256MB RAM..., serioulsly you'll be hating the game (coz nobody blame their PC :))).

in RBR the control input will get delayed. NFS MW-> you'll miss the gorgeous gfx. of the game.

anyway, if you still go with NFS MW, then have a look here -> Advanced Game Tweaks, might help in speeding up some process :D

-------------
*image.com.com/gamespot/shared/gs5/themes/standard/masthead_pc.jpg
Racing Games

[click the pic]

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
RBR- Richard Burns Rally.

with your config, you can try out the BIG BOSSes of sim. racers,- GTR2, RACE - The WTCC Game, Test Drive Unlimited [TDU] (arcade, but great gfx.), GTI Racing (all VW cars), OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (all ferrari's)

but with GTR2 even a gamepad is in-effective, so i think you'll have to skip GTR2.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
blackleopard92 said:
any suggestion for me...
i have
AMD 3000+
1gb ram, 7300GT

i can only play with keyboard

what does RBR stand for?
u can play any game man ppl who have processor running with 3Ghz and 512 mb ram with a decent graphics from fx 5200 can play any game but not at max settings:D

u hav a good gfx card which will reduce the load on ram

blackleopard92

In the zone
thanks people, but i am not a hard core sim fan. NFS series is waay too arcade for me.(excluding porsche) I like tuning my car, but my experience with sims have been very bad. they arn't even half keyboard friendly.

so which of the above mentioned are playable with keyboard?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
TDU, CMR05, Outrun 2006 - Coast to Coast.

try to get a gamepad, starts from as low as Rs.250 (Chinese makes) to Rs.1000+(branded).

with a GamePad, the gaming experience would be a bit better.

prasad_den

Padawan
Can someone help me...?? I have a P4 2.4 GHz with Intel 845GVSR MoBo, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HDD, only KB and mouse, and no GFx cards, and no provision to upgrade it any sooner...!!

prasad_den

Padawan
^^^ thanks mate.. Which of the above do you recommend..?? Its preferable that I be able to play with good settings, if not the best.
I have a limited BB connection...:D:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Toca is good, has loads of games in it, like GT(road car) racing, buggy races, F1 like races.... [1+GB installer size]

cmr05 is 3+GB (install file), caters only WRC races, but better gfx.

GTi racing has only VW cars (less than 1GB (install size)), but better gfx., u can turn on/off lights....(just like NFS PU)

GTR (1GB), but not recommended.

you can try the new X-Pand Rally Xtreme, its a two-in one, you can manually select whether to play in "Arcade mode" or "simulation mode", car gfx. not good, but heck, has the LONGEST tracks.

OP
S

Shalu_Sharma

Ok I got CMR05 running today...
Now I know why s18000rpm is this games FAN. I amazed of the level of customization it offered. Very good game indeed.
But graphics are not as good as gameplay. (Perhaps because of my slow machine.) but still many many thanks to s18000rpm.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Shalu_Sharma said:
Now I know why s18000rpm is this games FAN. I amazed of the level of customization it offered. Very good game indeed.
But graphics are not as good as gameplay. (Perhaps because of my slow machine.) but still many many thanks to s18000rpm.

Wait for dirt. You will be more amazed with almost all aspect from gameplay to graphics. :)

Third Eye

gooby pls
Shalu_Sharma said:

Try Toca Race Driver 3 too
It is better than CMR2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom