Racing games - Are they being Neglected ?

Are the Racing Games being Neglected

• Yes They are

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Today the gaming industry is all the more crazy about FPS games, they are not making good racing games ....they latest example is pro street - a huge disappointment. only colin mcrae series, nfs mw are few good games but not much. Look at FPS games - cod4,crysis,bioschock,fear,halo,half life and soo many...

NOTE : This debate is limited to PC only

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Not really required here, moving to Gamerz.

On topic, yes, they are being neglected, AFAIT, racing on PC is almost dead now. Only consoles carry the elusive thrill of racing which is again always has been its forte.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ya, a sad situation for racing game fans.

the last "thought to be good" racing game was CMR DiRT, it did turned out to be DIRT:)), waste when compared to prev. CMR's.

the big gun of racing game - F1 is stuck in Sony's hands:x since 2003, they have the license til 2008 end (or more), same with WRC(frm the beginning) go to hell FIA:x

for now, rFactor, GTR2, GT Legends ARE the racing games (sims); arcade- NFS MW, Flatout...
as one of the NFS 2008 producers said, NFS 2008 goes its root (MW & U2 way) [dunno why he calls it "back to its root" :|], i hope they make a true NFS MW's succesor.
EA suks terribly, the last good nfs was NFS Porsche Unleashed, but dunno why EA didnt make a similar game after that.

the Codies' "Race Driver: Grid" holds some promise, lets see what they have to offer.

all the game devs. are pumping up the graphics but not much on gameplay:|

bkpeerless

In the zone
well there is a game juced 2 but havnt got any revew of pc and anather grid and yes pc racing has really vanished even games like road rash r not made actually the companies have made a strategy of creating games on console and if it gets badded send it to pc to make up loss.. .. rasing games can easily brought back to pc from console but again the companies wont spend a penny for that ..

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Not really required here, moving to Gamerz.

On topic, yes, they are being neglected, AFAIT, racing on PC is almost dead now. Only consoles carry the elusive thrill of racing which is again always has been its forte.
Oh, I thought it might be well suited to Fight Club.

ok guys this game looks promising : Race Driver: GRID *www.amazon.co.uk/Codemasters-Race-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1206114621&sr=1-1
But we want more :(:(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For PC yes most of the racing titles available are barely commendable.The last 2 racing titles that I have honestly liked was Need For Speed Most Wanted & Test Drive Unlimited.Both of which were amazing in terms of visuals & Most wanted was awesome in terms of gameplay & level design.

I just played Juiced 2 recently which was a total dud.Something about these games just makes me want to ditch racing titles forever on PC.I wish they had ported burnout on PC or make a similar style gamplay & fast paced racing game.I have to hand it to the fact that the developers are concentrating way too much on visuals & fancy graphics but not planning on adding anything innovative in terms of gameplay.

I am not too much into race titles but some games really make me like this genre very much.Too bad they aren't putting much effort into developing decent titles.:(

bkpeerless

In the zone
ya grid looks good but the handling is quite tough in colic games they r pure simulator than arcade. i till now cant control any car in dirt

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Some more games i remember playing are Crashday (boring game,dull graphics) , Flatout 2 (This is quite good) and Driver 3 (another boring title)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Bleh! Let the game come out & once it's been tried out then only can we see if it has lived upto our hopes.I ain't falling for those fancy gameplay footage & trailers which claim such realism.Unless you try it out first hand you would never really know how good it is.;)

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Thats just 1 game - Race Driver Grid....

now u all compare Racing game genre with other genre and see the BIG Difference.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
haha I'm still loving Trackmania nations ;) and lost interest in NFS series

and its absolutely correct that consoles have stolen the thunder of PC racing games

_

axxo

99.9% Idle
well no games after porshe unleashed can be called really as racing games.....even most wanted is not interesting looks so arcade and offered no real driving fun.
Fear, cod , crysis are all so boring that I quit after playing first level..I have no interest to complete these games..

utsav

damn busy...
Whats ur opinion abt the pulsar mania ad :D
i am really missing racing titles .game developers want us to learn shooting rather than driving :razz:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Has Super-Bikes Riding Challenge got auto-brake and autobalance features? I prefer that and only SBK2001 had it. Moto-GP, etc never do.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Nope I don't think the latter versions of Superbike had them which is why I preferred the old Superbike title.The graphics too weren't that bad at all.

What about Motocross Madness & it's wacky stunt styles? ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Has Super-Bikes Riding Challenge got auto-brake and autobalance features? I prefer that and only SBK2001 had it. Moto-GP, etc never do.

dunno, maybe it has, a member here was playing that game, mikeon

ask him *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39535 :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom