Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi!

Recently found this site. It plays songs while being online. Well so how does this works? Does it d/l temp song files, if yes, then is it possible that the site d/l a virus alongwith d file as well?? is it safe to use.

and btw is it legal to listen on such sites?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
many such sites exist. they use Real audio format because it plays much faster because of its small size. But they lack the quality of MP3s. There is nothing illegal in listening to such sites.

shyam911

Journeyman
i beg to differ. The quality is quite good with real media formats. BTW they use a real player plugin but i am sure they're streaming mp3's.

And i dont think its illlegal in listening to songs from these sites.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Raaga is a legal site. I have been listening to songs there from last year or so. Their sound quality isn't very good but their features are ehat I like very much.
You can see at the bottom of the page
Raaga.com is an officially licensed IPRS website.
So no doubt about it being legal.
It is completely safe to use. No viruses or other malware is there AFAICR.
It serves media in realmedia format, that is why it checks for real player on your computer.

eddie

El mooooo
shyam911 said:
...but i am sure they're streaming mp3's.
No. Such sites use WMA or Real Media cos both of them maintain reasonable quality even at high compressions. MP3s will sound horrible once you go below 96kbps and I have listened to these sites even at 32kbps speeds. Another such site is musicindiaonline.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom