R.I.D.D.I.C.K

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys,

i have got a p4 2.8 ghz system with onboard graphics. I tried playing chronicles of riddick on it at lowest settings but still, the game runs very badly and slowly, is there any way i can tweak it to run in my system

NikhilVerma

Padawan
You can't expect a game whose Graphics quality is comparable to DoomIII on a Onboard Graphics Card...

You need to have a Nvidia FX5200 or better to play it at satisfactory rates...

[lokesh]

Journeyman
NikhilVerma said:
You can't expect a game whose Graphics quality is comparable to DoomIII on a Onboard Graphics Card...

I have AMD 64 3000+, 512 Mb DDR RAM, Geforce FX 5200 128 MB....not good enough to run riddick, i tried running it in the lowest level but still i had lag in the game play.
I recommend you to go for 6600 GT.

g0rd0n

Right off the assembly line
Hi .
u said u hav onboard graphics . I am guessing its Intel Extreme Graphics. Well As u hav low graphic capabilities i hope u hav lots of RAM at least 512 MB is required .
As ur graphics are derived from ur integrated chip in ur mobo. And it uses some of ur system RAM for graphical purposes. Riddick may work under minimal requirements, Riddick needs a lot of graphics to maintain a constant FPS. They game will lag a lot , try defraging ur system that may improve ur performance.

& yes for all of ur surprise ppl Doom 3 & Halflife 2 does work on Intel Extreme !!!
under these specs - 800*600 , but everything else at almost minimum.

kunwar

In the zone
hi lokesh, it is IMPOSSIBLE

[lokesh said:
]
NikhilVerma said:

I have AMD 64 3000+, 512 Mb DDR RAM, Geforce FX 5200 128 MB....not good enough to run riddick, i tried running it in the lowest level but still i had lag in the game play.
So, ANDY is wrong?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: hi lokesh, it is IMPOSSIBLE

kunwar said:
So, ANDY is wrong?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
wOot are you Talking about me????

Lookie here Kunwar i have explained to you time and over that the Fx5200 is supposed to be a low end card meaning it will be able to run all games but the big question is how smoothly can it run the game?

The point being that Doom 3 and POP Series and some other Recent releases have no specific guarantee of running at Playable frame rates on this card.All i said was that this card is good if you are really short on budget and cant afford anything beyond that budget.So Stop Misquoting me and i'm really begining to get tired of spoon feeding you on each and every detail,despite the fact that you just tend to contradict each and every opiton provided by me.So next time you dont like my advice then Plzz Dont abide by it.

kunwar

In the zone
u r wrong

[lokesh said:
]
NikhilVerma said:

it isn't possible.
REMEMBER that it is based on xbox.
Xbox has 64 mb of VRam.
About Doom 3, it runs on "medium settings" on my pc at 256 mb ram :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
so, u r wronggggggggggggg

Marc Z

Broken In
[lokesh said:
]
NikhilVerma said:

hey lokesh, highly unlikely man!

i got a P4 2.4 GHz Prescott, 256 MB DDR RAM, 80 GB 7200 rpm Western Digital HDD, FX5200 128 MB AGP and it runs fine on 800x600 with all the fancy options turned down and works fine.

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
hey marc
i tried riddick at a friends place in a system having P4 2.8 , 512 RAM , Fx 5200 128 MB Ram but still when all the eye candies are turned on , the game lags at shader model 2 or above but works ok on shader model .5. So i am finding it hard to beleive you.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
RIDDICK is very hungry game.
its more hungry than HL2.
Its as hungry if not more than DOOM3.
It sometimes slows down a bit even on 6600GT (with 4xaa and 4xAF of course).
So i am not surprised at all to here 5200 struggling.
Alsi it does need powerful CPU to go with the good GFX card.
I reviewed this game on guru3d and it was unplayable on my 6800GT everything maxed @ 4XAA and 4XAF.
I had to turn off soft shadows to get it properly working.
Also had to manually select Shader 2.0 and not 2.0+
Thats how intense this game is.
Its completely rewritten for PC so dont be under impression that it was on xbox so it should work well on low end PC.
Its not enjoyable on low end GFX cards.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
riddick on onboard graphics !!!!! u should be lucky that it even ran ....if u really want best results get a 6 series card .... ...

funkymonkey

Journeyman
on 6800GT or 6600GT SLI systems, yes.
I ran it preety well at 1024x768 4XAA,8XAF.
It ran perfectly fine on 1280x1024 at these same settings.
At 1600x1200 nope it wasent smooth at all with 4xaa and 8xaf.
Had to reduce it to 2XAA,4XAF then it was playable but not as fluid.

kunwar

In the zone
i got this error when i tried to run it

: u need a processor with at least MMX support to run this game.

even my processor is NOT fine for these STUPID games.

goobimama

 Macboy
RIDDICK on an onboard solution is the joke of the millenium. See the scores that it puts out for the Radeon x850 XT. Measly 10 FPS at the 1600x1200 with full settings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom