r connect users help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeev1981

Broken In
i'm using reliance r connect when i got connected it again and again go for dormancy and i have to reconnect pls help for this.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its a feature in all CDMA mobiles, when there is no activity during the connection, the phone automatically goes into Dormancy mode so that u can receive any incoming call. :)
But its a little bit irritating most of the times.
So the solution is to use PING command.
Do this!

Start -> Run and type following:

PING -t < any_site_address >

EX:- PING -t www.yahoo.com

It'll solve ur problem!

PS: Best is to use ur server IP address in stead of any site address. In XP u can get the server IP address by clicking on the dial-up icon in the system tray and goto Details tab and check the server IP address. :D

OP
R

rajeev1981

Broken In
hello vishal thanks for ur kind support but how to get server ip add i dont know where to get system tray and ya if i use any other site ip add then what is the problem in it i have entered yahoo but its still going in dormancy and do i have to do this after diconnect or connect pls reply

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
System tray is located on the taskbar in lower right corner.

*img222.imageshack.us/img222/8158/newpicture7ll.jpg

Click on the icon which I hv highlighted in above screenshot and goto Details tab and read the Server IP Address. :)

Pinging the server IP address sometimes help in increasing the speed!

OP
R

rajeev1981

Broken In
thanks a lot vishal after pinging should i close the dos window.pls tell me this i'm using norton 2003.someone tell me that i need a spyware i want to know is norton not a spyware or which is the best spyware and should i uninstall norton and install a spyware.pls clear this topic to me my cop. is infected with some trojan virus i cant delete or repair it with norton 2003.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
after pinging should i close the dos window
No! If u close the PING windows, the phone will again go in Dormancy mode. So run the windows until u disconnect the net.

pls tell me this i'm using norton 2003.someone tell me that i need a spyware i want to know is norton not a spyware
No! Its an Anti-virus program.

which is the best spyware and should i uninstall norton and install a spyware.
Spybot Search & Destroy is the BEST Spyware s/w. U can d/l it from here. Its free!

PS: Uninstall Norton coz it sux and a resource hog! Install either AVG or Avast! anti-viruses, both r free and very good s/w.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
check this out

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4113
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2925

see if it helps

william

Journeyman
you can do this from internet explorer properties. right click and go to the internet explorer properties. next go to the connections tab and choose your connection. click on the settings button. In "settings" window at the bottom click on the "advanced" button. In the advanced window change the time for disconnect.
give it a try.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Vishal Gupta said:
System tray is located on the taskbar in lower right corner.

*img222.imageshack.us/img222/8158/newpicture7ll.jpg

Click on the icon which I hv highlighted in above screenshot and goto Details tab and read the Server IP Address. :)

Pinging the server IP address sometimes help in increasing the speed!
really is that so.
then i'll do it now and then
can u give a logic behind it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom