Quickheal 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its pretty small in size and really light... Good featurres too.. usable and good... (personally i dont like it... crppy interface...)

anandk

Distinguished Member
quickheal is a pretty good antivirus. probably the only good Indian one. (e-scan uses kav engine/files, so excluded). it also checks for adware, trojans, worms, and other malware pretty successfully. it has a good detection and removal rate. the interface of 2006 v8 is far improved than its earlier avtar. its a definate improvement over its earlier versions. rather light on resources too ! but it has too many start-ups !!! some cosmetic (like its messenger) hence end up taking unnecessary memory.

however u have to pay for it !

avast www.avast.com and
avg www.grisoft.com r some pretty good freeware antivirus scanners.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Almost all digit readers may just ignored its existence. I think everybody have got their own favorite by now, and didn't want to move to another. There will be some people using Quickheal, because they advertise it every month both on CD and Mag.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
ya i have my own kis2006,but for time being i wanted my hand at quickheal2006,but its ok for trial period.i also discovered it only last month or something when i opened its file on disk and found it was quickheal!

AcceleratorX

Youngling
QuickHeal has a very long way to go before it catches up to the better AVs on the market. There are MUCH better AVs right now.

For Free AV, Avast or AntiVir is good.
For cheap and good AV, AntiVir Premium (20 EURO) or Avira (29 EURO) is OK.
For an excellent AV, NOD32 (USD 39/year), KAV (USD 41/year) or BitDefender (USD29/year) is recommended.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
quickheal is from Pune and it rocks . it detects and clean viruses instead of deleting of files which is done by norton/mcafee.
i think its agood av for home users.

G

gxsaurav

i did used it, given with digit dvd, quite good if u want to keep it invisible, just install configure & leave it,

no need to see the interface again, but it's not that bad

con_tester

Journeyman
QuickHeal....

I used it a year ago..
What I like is that on Diwali I get a special greeting from them...

But I use to believe that its not good cause its from India and there are better ones out there...

jay4u

In the zone
any program that has to run in the background has to have 2 important things

1. use least amount of resources possible

2. Does a decent job

And thumbs up for Quick heal... i will have it instead of norton... that big market leader sucks bigtime.. needs to get either the whole suite revamp or bring in a new product... ha ha ha... like i care.....

but nice to see a good antivirus solution from india... and especially from amchi PUNE...

by the way i use avast... because of its good interface and near norton detection rates....

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I'm saying it again, QuickHeal is VERY good at detected In-The-Wild viruses, but it will do you no good when it comes to Trojan detection. Its unpack engine is also quite weak.

There ARE much better AVs out there. You can even check the Virus Bulletin PDFs if you want, its not as good as others....

Here's some forum threads about QuickHeal....

*www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=97609&highlight=Quickheal
*www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=102731&highlight=Quickheal
*www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=95290&highlight=Quickheal
*www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=92212&highlight=Quickheal

iChaitanya

Journeyman
kjuvale said:
quickheal is from Pune and it rocks . it detects and clean viruses instead of deleting of files which is done by norton/mcafee.
i think its agood av for home users.

i agree with that. and its very light on resources. i mean its not resource hungry!

btw, i am using the licensed version and never faced any virus problems and the customer service is just superb!! :D
Pune :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom