1. i have win xp proffesional.
any one among member suggested to use HIBERNATE.
but on the site HIBERNATE.org there r plenty of downloads which shiuld i select?
2. i want to install linux on my pc.
can i install? if yes which boot files i requires?
Hibernate is an option like shutdownrestart and log off and that option comes with windows itself. only thing is that u hav to enable it. u dont hav to go to any sites to download it. i assume u r a newbie. if that is what u meant!! searching in hibernate.org..
ok, reg. how to hibernate,
Manually Put Your Computer into Hibernation hibernation on your computer:
you can manually place it into hibernation. But first, it must be enabled. To enable hibernation support on your computer, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators or Power Users group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent this procedure.
Here's how you do it:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Power Options.
2. Click the Hibernate tab, and then select the Enable hibernate support check box. If the Hibernate tab is not available, your hardware does not support this feature.
3. Click OK to close the Power Options dialog box.
Note: When you put your computer into hibernation, everything in computer memory is saved on your hard disk. When you turn the computer back on, all programs and documents that were open when you turned the computer off are restored on the desktop.
reg. ur 2) ques, yes u can install linux also. but it is also an operating system like windows. so u got to get the CD/DVD installation kit for installing them. boot files i dont think u are aware of linux... get more information, work somewhere else and then try an installaton of linux...