1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Erase And Full Erase....Whats The Difference????

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by hell_storm2004, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hell_storm2004

hell_storm2004 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just want to know whats the difference between quick erase and full erase on re-writable disks?? And which is the better option to keep a re-writable running longer. Could anyone explain me in detail!!! Plz give me some tips on how to properly maintain a re-writable disk. I have wasted enough money on buying them. They all last for only a few months at the most (If I'm lucky that it.... otherwise they end up in the dustbin within a a month!!!!!). PLZ Advice.

2. devarajan

devarajan New Member

When erasing discs you usually have two options: full and quick erase. Full erase, as its name implies, means that all data will be deleted. Quick erase deletes only file system information; it does not delete the data itself, so if you want to securely destroy all previous information, you should choose the full method, otherwise the quick method is the best, because it works much faster.so the regarding damage of the disk depend's on the usage and not in full and quick erase..... :p :lol:

hell_storm2004 plz post in right section.Modz plz move the this to Q&A section........Reporting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.