Quick Erase And Full Erase....Whats The Difference????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I just want to know whats the difference between quick erase and full erase on re-writable disks?? And which is the better option to keep a re-writable running longer. Could anyone explain me in detail!!! Plz give me some tips on how to properly maintain a re-writable disk. I have wasted enough money on buying them. They all last for only a few months at the most (If I'm lucky that it.... otherwise they end up in the dustbin within a a month!!!!!). PLZ Advice.

devarajan

Journeyman
When erasing discs you usually have two options: full and quick erase. Full erase, as its name implies, means that all data will be deleted. Quick erase deletes only file system information; it does not delete the data itself, so if you want to securely destroy all previous information, you should choose the full method, otherwise the quick method is the best, because it works much faster.so the regarding damage of the disk depend's on the usage and not in full and quick erase..... :p :lol:

hell_storm2004 plz post in right section.Modz plz move the this to Q&A section........Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom