Quick Answer! Please help.. Maxtor 300gb Sata 2 or Seagate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toocool

Journeyman
DONT BOTHER TO READ THIS THREAD.. I ALREADY GOT MY ANSWER.. PLEASE VISIT THIS THREAD AND GIVE YOUR SUGGESTION *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33348 THANK YOU

Guys i need a quick reply.. I am placing the order in exactly 1 hour from now.. My dealer wants me to confirm

Should i go in for Maxtor 300 GB sata2 with 16 mb buffer or Seagate 200 GB * 2 SATA1 with 8MB buffer..

With 200gb * 2 (seagate) i can setup Raid 0 (which is a advantage) whereas with maxtor i get sata2 with 16 mb buffer.. (which is also a advantage)

I need to choose one..

Help me

Price of Maxtor 300 GB sata2 is 7500 + tax
Price of 2 seagate 200gb is 10600 + tax

I can even go in for Seagate 160 GB * 2 (again sata 1 with 8mb buffer) which will cost me less nearly 8800 + tax

So i want to know whether Sata2 is really worth it? 16 mb (extra 8mb) buffer does it really make a difference? I wouldnt mind going in for a maxtor as long as its worth it..

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Comeon guys.. i am waiting :(

Please gimme some suggestion..

And also my dealer just now told me that there is no PCI-e Tv tuner card from pinnacle.. :( is it true?

Ringwraith

Journeyman
buy the maxtor, RAID-0 doesn't improve performance too much on desktop systems for general/gaming usage (ur game loading times might decrease a bit, that's all mostly)
the 16mb buffer of the maxtor will be of help and more importantly, its coming cheaper than the other alternatives :p

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Yeh true.. I ordered that.. :) thanks

Now see my final config here.. and gimme some suggestions.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33348

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom