question on IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
which net r u using ??if u r using a broadband connection provided by ..ISP like sify ,iqara and all ..u must be having a static ip !

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
pls can anyone tell me how can i find out whether i am having a static or dynamic IP address ??

just Google for How to know My IP... at least 100 site provides service to know ur IP... :) like few belllow... visit at lest 10 to make sure they r giving u same result.. write it down...

*www.whatsmyip.org/
*whatismyipaddress.com/
*www.showmyip.com/
*www.ipchicken.com/

DC the net... and Reconnect it again... if Static then when u visit the sites again... the IP would be same if Dynamic then it would have changed... :)

hope this helps...

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
go_gamez said:
which net r u using ??if u r using a broadband connection provided by ..ISP like sify ,iqara and all ..u must be having a static ip !

i dont think SIFY has static IP , cause earlier i was using SIFY connection and i was able to bypass rapidshare time limit using HIDE IP platinum but now i,m using net provided by my cable operator and now i'm not able to bypass it, does this means i am having static IP ??

thnx every one for reply.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@paul_007

does this means i am having static IP ??

did u tried what i wrote?? because if u have then u would known what type of IP u have....

QM said:
You can also view your current IP in your Router page (192.168.1.1)

what made u so sure that he is useing DataOne/ADSL??

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
Sify is not givin static IP, if want to use unlimited radipshare downloads, then after a download just logoff & login again, and u can continue with ur downloads.

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
saurav_cheeta said:
@paul_007
did u tried what i wrote?? because if u have then u would known what type of IP u have....

yes i tried ur method it is showing different IP after i login again

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, that's right. If you get a different IP address after login.Then you have a
'Dynamic IP address'. If it's static, it would be the same.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
is dynamic ip safer that static ip in case of hacking.. and do any one know why some service provider provides dynamic and some static???

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
dynamic ip is 'relatively safer' and beneficial to the isp provider (wtf you wanna call him). But who would want to hack a home user anyway?

If you want to host a website or anything on your sys, it is just a bunch of bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom