question of google apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
well i have a ? on google app..edu mail

they say $50 for account or user per year..
what does that user mean....
suppose that there are 4000 students does that mean we need to pay $50 for each student to get that email account..what is that...

any clerance.....

does one need to buy that premieum account does it worth its cost?

thanjs

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yes, it would be 50$ per student per year. But since yours is a Education site...maybe they have discounts. Might want to talk to support regarding this :)

*www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=60753&topic=10721

Its not compulsory to buy premium Account but its upto your needs. I dont think it is needed and worth 50$ personally.

You can compare here
*www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/admins/editions_spe.html

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Right said, one really doesnt need a paid account... !!! 2GB with archive option !!! More than enough for any mean for any Student or Teacher/Prof, where as organization getting too many emails, have option for POP3 of Desktop client (unlimited storage), !!!!

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well
the most inticing thing about is studentname@ourcollege.edu...
any way it saves of time and does nt require to set up own account...
to be frank if it is 50 dollars pers students around 2500 IRS then in that money we can give 100 gb mail account..taking space from goaddy and all...so..too costly then...
any way size is not the matter
i think we will go with free one ..after all these kind of names are just for reputation and not used....people use webmail

any way google find way to squeeze money ..they will find newer ideas with it also

thanks for answer

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Saharika said:
any way google find way to squeeze money ..

There is nothing free :( as u see the Google Apps is nothing more than Gmail with Fancy email address as you@your.com :lol: u will see ads as u used to see with Gmail interface...

Both interface is same, even u see the URL is too google.com/a/your.com :lol: so u take a print out, u will see google writen under ur page...

so, its all Gmail expect the fancy address !!!

So even they are happy to offer u many many account if u need !!!

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
Choto Cheeta said:
There is nothing free :( as u see the Google Apps is nothing more than Gmail with Fancy email address as you@your.com :lol: u will see ads as u used to see with Gmail interface...

Both interface is same, even u see the URL is too google.com/a/your.com :lol: so u take a print out, u will see google writen under ur page...

so, its all Gmail expect the fancy address !!!

So even they are happy to offer u many many account if u need !!!

ya that is what i am saying

any way if they mix the social networking things like orkut,hi5 in them i think they can hit the market..after all it is youth who use these kinds of site....

google is promisiing that kind of things in this package but i think they doubt about the coverge and use...and cost is not apporopiate for asain countries..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Saharika said:
well
the most inticing thing about is studentname@ourcollege.edu...
any way it saves of time and does nt require to set up own account...
to be frank if it is 50 dollars pers students around 2500 IRS then in that money we can give 100 gb mail account..taking space from goaddy and all...so..too costly then...
any way size is not the matter
i think we will go with free one ..after all these kind of names are just for reputation and not used....people use webmail

any way google find way to squeeze money ..they will find newer ideas with it also

thanks for answer

Beleive more, Godaddy wont be able to provide that much space with their shared hosting. There packages are highly oversold :(

Using google Apps has one more benefit....it fights spam very nicely :)

S

Shalu_Sharma

But why waste money on paid accounts.
I think usability is more important rather then fancy names.
So use regular g-mail. Or even yahoo mail is ok...:D

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
studentname@universityname
or
especially facultyname@universityname has great values in many scenarios..proves many thing.....
ya as i say these kind of mail are just for reputation people once in a while use it but to looks official...

organization can acquire those email...
but around 2500 for email for each students...google must re think i think...
and even there are not such valued service....

so may be will go for free account now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom