Question For Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

basant

Right off the assembly line
I Have 17 Pc in my cafe. 64 KBPS ADSL Connection. 15 IP and DNS are same, but two are different different. The computer are conected by switch. Two of my computer are not on networking i have WinXp OS . tell me, what i do for see my two computer on workgroup place. and tell how i can monitring all the computer by one computer i have one p4 computer. please solve this prob........ ????????????????????????? if you do not know about the ans so please don't give the comments...........??????

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
WinXP automatically detects the network ( not like win98 where you have to restart everytime )

So i think problem shud be with network drivers
Goto device manager and see if network drivers are properly installed

if drivers are alright then firstly ping the computers in domain to see if they are responding

otherwise go to
my computer -> right click -> properties -> computer name tab
run the network identification wizard
or specify the workgroup name

see it works or not

shefzomania

Broken In
Hi

I have a problem with my network too. I have 4 computers running on Win XP. One of the computers has a DSL USB modem connected which provides the internet connection.

All computers are connected via a switch.

When i set up the network, i had to assign IP's like 192.168.0.1 for the PC with the modem and from there on, 192.168.0.2, .0.3, etc, for the other computers. I ran the network setup wizard and i could view all the computers on the network. When i ran the network setup wizard on the PC with the modem i made it the computer that other PC's connect to to access the internet making it the host. On my client computer i selected ' this computer accesses internet via another computer (the option was something like that).

However i could not access the internet on the client computers.

So i changed the IP properties on the client to 'obtain IP address automaticall'. The first time i got internet access on the client PC's. But, when i restarted the host, i lots internet connection again on the clients.

Afterwards sometimes when i screw around with the LAN properties on the client computers, i am able to access to the internet. But when i restart them i lose it again. Not only that when i try the same step i had tried earlier to get internet, it doesnt work the second time.

I've checked the hardware, the drivers, changing workgroups and all kinds of stuff.

additionally, when my clients have IP's assigned, they ping each other. But when they are to automatically pull IP's, then i run the network setup wizard, they dont ping...

I'm going nuts here...

Pls help....

thnx

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Choose the Internet Options from the Tools menu of IE and in the Connections Tab, click on LAN Settings and make sure that you have selected "Automatically detect settings". I hope this solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom